RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in total shock. I just learned that one of the boys who was killed during the incident at Chardon High School yesterday, Russell King, Jr., often worked at our hunt tests throwing birds or planting blinds.

The girl who was shot was Joy Rickers. Joy's father, Paul, is Buckeye Retriever Club's equipment manager and Joy often works with her father to help us put on the hunt tests. Joy is in stable condition and expected to recover.

For the members of Buckeye Retriever Club, these children are family and we are devastated.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to both of these families.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Prayers said for the children & families of this horrific tradgedy. When I heard it on the news it was sad, but after reading your post, it was more real. Putting names & the association with it made it hit deeper. So sorry.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Wow. Prayers sent. You never think it can happen so close to you. Deepest condolences.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Oh no. Worst fears were that they were "your" kids up there. Thoughts and prayers.

--Greta

·
Registered
559 Posts
I am on Long Island, NY .
Far but it still hurts to see that this went on.
My thoughts, prayers and hopes for that town are with everyone there

How very sad indeed

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
How truly horrible. I am so sorry. More prayers said.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Very. very sad. I remember Joy from a couple of the tests my dogs ran at Hambden last year. Prayers for a quick recovery for her and the other survivor.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Sad to report but all three boys have died. The girl is still in stable condition.
I can't even begin to imagine, we are not supposed to out live our children.

Excuse my language but I hope they fry the some beach.

·
Registered
40 Posts
SUCH a sad thing and we let it happen. These nut cases know that when they bring a gun to these school's they have the power.

One cop on campus isnt going to change anything either. I know metal detectors and such help in a big way.

RIP to the kids and to their family's i am truly sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
Prayers for those you have lost a loved one or a friend in this tragedy.

Prayers for Joy to have a quick and complete recovery.

May the shooter get what he truly deserves.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
People have got to stop the bullying! Prayers for the families of the kids.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
The girl has been released from the hospital.

·
Registered
136 Posts
People have got to stop the bullying! Prayers for the families of the kids.
bullying has and will go on forever, sorry to blame bullying for this is wrong. Kids need to learn how to deal with bullying. This kid had no family life, and no parents to guide him on the right path.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
bullying has and will go on forever, sorry to blame bullying for this is wrong. Kids need to learn how to deal with bullying. This kid had no family life, and no parents to guide him on the right path.

I agree they need to learn to deal with it but people need to pay attention to it. When this first happened they said he was bullied. Until they learn how to deal with it then something needs to change. I don't know what...but something.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I agree they need to learn to deal with it but people need to pay attention to it. When this first happened they said he was bullied. Until they learn how to deal with it then something needs to change. I don't know what...but something.
I agree but it is not a simple answer.

·
Administrator
3,872 Posts
I am heartsick to read about the loss of the 3 kids. As selfish as it may sound, I was so hoping that the kids that were shot were not a part of our retriever community.

Whether these kids were part of our retriever community or not, this is so sad. My heart goes out to the families of the kids that have passed away and I will continue to pray for Joy and the other kid that was injured.

Please let Paul know that many in the retriever community are praying for his daughter.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Truly a tragic, horrible day. Those poor children and their families. I've been praying since I heard. Sad how very close to home this hits.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts