RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, please say a prayer for some good friends of mine who lost a puppy suddenly this AM. The cause is unknown, but as you might imagine they are pretty shaken up by the whole thing.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Maybe related, maybe not.

Local county newspaper had article about dogs being frightened of fireworks and running off and getting lost.

I wonder if it might related to fireworks.....

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Was not fireworks. Some sort of acute medical issue, but what it was I do not know. Thanks for all the views and well-wishes. They had the pup a little over a week, or just enough time to start bonding. Terrible.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Terrible news. I would be devastated if I lost either of my two.

Mike Perry has a litter on the ground now. Good hunting/test prospects and could make for a nice replacement.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
So sorry for their loss. With a litter of Goldens due soon I can't imagine losing any of them now but to lose it after you have had time to bond would be terrible.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Nothing worse than loss of a pup but not knowing the cause of death if so hard.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Was not fireworks. Some sort of acute medical issue, but what it was I do not know. Thanks for all the views and well-wishes. They had the pup a little over a week, or just enough time to start bonding. Terrible.
That type of loss...my bad.

I feel for them.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I have a puppy out of the same litter as do 8 others. We are all anxiously holding our breath for the results of an autopsy. The results will take 2 weeks which seems like an eternity.
the pup in question showed no signs of illness or disease and was beautiful by every standard. It is heart wrenching for the owners and everyone who ever knew this little fellow. Rest in peace Skipper

1 - 15 of 15 Posts