RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The ducks were flying in "honor" formation this morning along the Fox River in Central Wisconsin, to pay tribute to a Great athlete, friend and partner - Princeton of Manchester SH (Golden Retriever Extraordinaire). Three weeks ago, our conversations were of the up coming test season. With the mild Wisconsin winter Princeton was in peak form and ready to go for his Master Title. Within days everything went upside down. He stopped eating; had a hard time moving; an emergency vet trip revealed a mass tumor on his spleen and what looked like hundreds of tumors on his lungs. Princeton was my son's dog. He was the 1st dog he ever trained by reading books and watching videos - Princeton was tolerant of all the "trainer" errors along the way and often became the teacher. There will be other dogs but there will never be another Princeton. He touched a lot of lives as a partner and a friend. May all the GREAT memories overcome the pain of loss of this dear buddy. Rest in Peace
PRINCETON OF MANCHESTER SH
2006 - 2012

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
This is just way too young. He must have been a very special dog for God to want him back so soon. My sincere condolences to your son, to you, and your family.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
"Princeton of Manchester" sounds like a valiant name for a valiant dog. He hung in there till the end, running on love, of that we can be sure.

Only time will erase the pain, but your memories will remain the same.

Prayers to you on your loss,

Rest in Peace dear Princeton, you were loved!

With Sympathy,
Earlene

·
Registered
692 Posts
"There will be other dogs but there will never be another Princeton."

That says it all right there. Many of us have felt the same and have felt what you're going through now.

Very sorry about your loss.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Our canine friends are never with us long enough, and the journey with Princeton was way too short. My condolences to you and your son.

Godspeed Princeton. Enjoy those flyers on the other side of the bridge.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Gosh. So young. I'm sorry for you and your family's loss.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I am so sorry. Way way too young.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
As I type this I am looking at four containers of ashes over my PC ,there are other containers of ashes around the house. There are others that were burried and some died in far away places. It is never easy, but, thier memories will live in your heart forever. Sorry for your loss .......

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Very sad news. Princeton sounded like he was a grand dog to have in your lives. His life was way too short, but it sure sounds like it was full of love - hold those memories close and may they give you comfort.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Very sorry to hear about your dog. Too soon to loose your best friend!! Take care.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss or Princeton. The hurt will fade, but the memories are forever. Cherish the memories.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
Sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. It is easy to tell from your write-up that he was a very special dog and loved very much. Hope your wonderful memories bring you some comfort in this unhappy time.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
We are so sorry for the loss of "Princeton"....

Our heartfelt condolences to his owner and handler..and all the family and friends that enjoyed and loved him. He had the very best life a retriever could have...that is what counts, no matter how long we have them..

Godspeed, Princeton Of Manchester SH, .......... "Princeton" ....

Bob and Judy

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
We are so sorry for your loss of your wonderful Golden Retriever, Princeton.
We are especially sorry that you are having to go through this very difficult time.
We are thinking about you and sending our best.
Colleen and Jim

1 - 20 of 28 Posts