RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dogs have been on PPP for a long time and seem to do pretty good on it. There is a significant price per lb difference, but supposedly, you feed much less and maintain a healthier dog. I know there are quite a few vets, pro trainers and very knowledgeable trainer on here that feed a variety of feeds and Id appreciate your feedback. Is Eukanuba that much better to warrant the price difference? Thank you!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
My dogs have been on PPP for a long time and seem to do pretty good on it. There is a significant price per lb difference, but supposedly, you feed much less and maintain a healthier dog. I know there are quite a few vets, pro trainers and very knowledgeable trainer on here that feed a variety of feeds and Id appreciate your feedback. Is Eukanuba that much better to warrant the price difference? Thank you!
At one time I would have said "yes" that Euk. was better than PPP. I really liked how it kept my dogs' teeth clean and they had great energy.

My old dogs loved it, but I switched back to PPP when I couldn't get Euk. Perf. (for some reason) years ago.

About a year ago, I gave Euk. Perf. a try again, but our dogs barely ate it....it was like they were forcing it down. My S.O.'s female wouldn't even touch it. And it didn't seem to help their teeth tartar either.

After two Euk. bags, I gave up on it and switched back to PPP.

·
Registered
720 Posts
know 2 or 3 pro's that have switched off EUK back to Pro Plan. Supposedly EUK change the formula and thats why the switched back.
I was feeding Euk , wasn't happy with how our dog was doing on it so switched .

·
Registered
9,833 Posts
I fed Eukanuba Premium Performance for years, switched to PPP about 10 years ago because one of the dogs spent time with a pro who fed that and Iams quit supporting our field trial community. The result my dogs maintain their weight on less food, their coats are great, and I pickup less poop.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Unfortunately Eukanuba changed their formula to cheaper ingredients and the bag got smaller and the price went up. Our dogs didn't fair well with the formula change though and that is reason we switched to PPP.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I've fed PPP for a long time. Get at least 6 37.5# bags delivered every 2 weeks. Dogs' stools are very good. Besides the dogs being in top condition, one of the things I really like is that when I get a new dog in for training, I don't have to gradually transition a dog to it to avoid loose stools. I don't know why that it, but I like it.

·
Registered
8,624 Posts
After feeding Euk for 15 years I switched to PPP. My newest pup was weaned onto it and I didn’t want to change his diet. I thought I might switch him over to Euk after he was done with the puppy food stage, but instead switched my older dogs to Purina. Good condition, appetite, etc. plus I can buy it in 50# bags from Chewy. Saving $$, no downside.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I went away from Euk a few years ago as it seemed to decrease in quality after Iams was bought up by P&G. I fed Dr Tims for a couple years. However, the Eukanuba line was bought up by Royal Canin, and has been revamped to a much higher quality diet. I have spoken to the national sales manager and he told me about the 4 different lines of food they have and some fo the research they have done, especially with military working dogs. We talked on the phone for an hour and he followed up with me to see how my dogs were doing on it. I have been VERY happy with going back, yes its expensive, but the energy my dogs have, their coats and even their teeth stay significantly cleaner.

·
Registered
16,895 Posts
Have any of you tried "Nature's Logic?"
A whole food kibble?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts