RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Threw a mark for Jettie my bfl she hustled out and got to the dummy but didn't pick it up, first thought REFUSAL, so I told her FETCH which she did and when she got back it was full of FIRE ANTS. Poor dog. Guess that is gettin' thru pressure if there ever was an example!! I felt really bad, but kinda proud in a way. She gets extra treats this evening no doubt!! Maybe even some Blue Bell Ice Cream for her tongue!! Good training for all!!

·
Registered
7,487 Posts
I killed a copperhead in my garden a few days ago. It was cool that morning so it must have been lethargic. Otherwise I would surely have been bitten along with my retired dog Hudson as he was right with me.

·
Banned
5,856 Posts
One of my day trainers who is a biologist in Dallas that specializes in snakes said that it's going to be a bumper year for snakes

I'll keep my 38 with rat shot handy.....

We killed a dandy at Pin Oak last weekend.

Angie

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My old golden had a swollen lip a few years back which the vet said was a yellow jacket, till I ran over a copperhead with the lawn mower the next day. We've had a lot of rain lately so that's why I never thought of ants in the yard. I'll give her some benadryll just in case thanks.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
My customers are terrified about snakes, I probably shouldnt have told them or showed them. I need to finish the job and get paid before they go back to the city. I did bury it though.
Snakes are moving slow with this cool weather.

Info... I have been in East Texas all of my life, hunted,fished all over Texas and the country, Mexicco. Im more afraid of the killer Bees I got swarmbed by than snakes. Snakes are not that bad, If you dont mess with um. I am more worried of a skunk getting in my garage than a snake.. Which I had one in there for 3 days 2-3 years back.
Exterminated a few snakes in garage and several in pond.. Most snakes seen are water snakes, that people think are dangerous

·
Banned
5,856 Posts
My customers are terrified about snakes, I probably shouldnt have told them or showed them. I need to finish the job and get paid before they go back to the city. I did bury it though.
Snakes are moving slow with this cool weather.

Info... I have been in East Texas all of my life, hunted,fished all over Texas and the country, Mexicco. Im more afraid of the killer Bees I got swarmbed by than snakes. Snakes are not that bad, If you dont mess with um. I am more worried of a skunk getting in my garage than a snake.. Which I had one in there for 3 days 2-3 years back.
Exterminated a few snakes in garage and several in pond.. Most snakes seen are water snakes, that people think are dangerous
Snakes don't bother me much anymore either. I go one way and they go the other... Can't say a ****, porcupine or skunk have done the same.

Angie

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
One of my day trainers who is a biologist in Dallas that specializes in snakes said that it's going to be a bumper year for snakes

I'll keep my 38 with rat shot handy.....

We killed a dandy at Pin Oak last weekend.

Angie
I prefer my .44 Mag. Do you feel lucky punk? :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts