RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I know I had a similar post awhile back but my pup just turned 6 months and is ready for training. Does anyone know any good field/hunt test trainers and pros in the area that y'all would recommend?

·
Registered
983 Posts
In no particular order (and this is only a sampling, I am sure I have forgotten a few), you have Dan Kelty, Eddie Noga, JC Strange, Angie Becker, Orie Matthews, and Rusty Haggland.:)

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Where are you in dfw area?

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
Then I recommend Cripple Creek Retrievers, JC Strange, as he is the closest in Decatur and on this side of the Metroplex.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Along with Terry's there is also Dixie Land John Suits Emory, Tx and Revit Up Retrievers Dawni Bromely, Ravena, Tx

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Take your time and do your homework before sending your dog off. I won't ID them but in my opinion some very good and very bad trainers have been named here.
Ask the prospects for a client list and summary of accomplishments.

·
Registered
130 Posts
In this day and age each trainer should have plenty of video from prior dogs they have trained plus current dogs on their trailer you can view. I like to see a consistency level throughout each stage. Enough to judge the trainer and not leave it to the talent of a few dogs they may choose to show you.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Take your time and do your homework before sending your dog off. I won't ID them but in my opinion some very good and very bad trainers have been named here.
Ask the prospects for a client list and summary of accomplishments.
X2 on this.

I am in the area and very much agree with Mark.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It took me going through several different dog trainers to find the right one. I want to share this information with everyone just to help and save everyone else the amount of time that it took me to find the perfect trainer for my dog.

DFW K9 TRAINER dot com

Preston Halford, DFW K9 Trainer I can honestly say hands down is the best dog trainer you will find anywhere!! Not only does he take the time to explain everything, he makes sure that you have a solution that works, and it does not take months of training!! Two sessions with Preston was all it took, and my dogs’ behavior was a night and day difference!!! Wow. I have spent so much of my time and went through several different trainers where if I were to have found Preston from the start, I would have saved soooo much time and money. He is extremely easy to work with you can contact him through his website or just call him anytime at 469-279-3557.

5 star google rating as well!!! Does in-home training as well as at his home. Whatever is more comfortable for you and your dog! Preston Halford you will see is not only the best dog behaviorist but also a great teacher! You will love working with him!

This is by far the best dog trainer in Dallas!!

·
Registered
7,186 Posts
What did he do in two sessions?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts