RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious if anybody knew of any property that might be for sale around Tallahassee, FL. I am looking for something around 10 acres give or take. I would prefer raw property, but will look at a house.

Thanks,
Sam

G

·
huntingretriever1 said:
I am still looking if anyone has seen anything.

Sam,
Sam,

Just don't let any realtor know you're dog folk. Head more towards Thomasville/Cairo/Boston... Or is Bo closer to Tallahassee? I don't know where he's settled in down there. Not sure if you're trying to get near him or not.

-K

G

·
huntingretriever1 said:
He is in Pavo, just outside thomasville. I want to be closer to FSU though. I am trying to stay within 30 min. of the campus.

Sam,
ahhhh, got it.

Hope you find something. I'll holler at you later tonight.

-K

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I want to be closer to FSU though. I am trying to stay within 30 min. of the campus.
I hope you're looking upwind of the campus. Wouldn't want to ruin some fine dogs' noses. :D

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
I originally tried going the same route. However, if you want 10 acres that is 30 minutes from the campus, you are going to pay dearly.
We just closed on a house in Thomasville last week. The prices are still relatively reasonable and people are very nice.
Maybe just across the line into Georgia. Probably wouldn't be 30 minutes, but doable.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just over the GA line into Beachton is fine too. I am not partial to any one paticular side of Tallahasse either. I am willing to look in Wakulla county and Quincy. It just can't be to far from the campus.

Sam,

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
I would get a realtor working for you. We tried for about 9 months doing it ourselves, but after we got a realtor things started happening.
Although I live in central Florida, I will not miss the taxes and insurance (if you can get it) if we decide to move permanately.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am trying to go without a realator for a while, but might eventually have to. I have spoken to a couple to look around for me, but haven't gotten serious yet. I am going to see my dogs that are in South GA Friday morning, so I will be looking around. I will probably get a realator in a month or two though if nothing pops up.

Sam,

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Check with your County Agents in the counties you are interested in living. Sometimes the farmers have small acreage they will sell. In Mississippi we have a Farmers Bulletin newspaper that is published twice a month that has rural property for sale. Check with your State Agriculture Commission office to see if they have the same type newspaper.

Good Luck

G

·
Cleo Watson said:
Check with your County Agents in the counties you are interested in living. Sometimes the farmers have small acreage they will sell. In Mississippi we have a Farmers Bulletin newspaper that is published twice a month that has rural property for sale. Check with your State Agriculture Commission office to see if they have the same type newspaper.

Good Luck
There is a georgia farmers bulletin and it is online, too...

·
Registered
2,737 Posts

·
Registered
2,737 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Thomas D said:
I originally tried going the same route. However, if you want 10 acres that is 30 minutes from the campus, you are going to pay dearly.
We just closed on a house in Thomasville last week. The prices are still relatively reasonable and people are very nice.
Maybe just across the line into Georgia. Probably wouldn't be 30 minutes, but doable.
Hi Tom, congrats on the new house! Best of luck in your new home,
Anney D.
& Fisher too

·
Banned
3,611 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
204 Posts
You won't have to pay the realtor, the seller will. Especially with you being from out of town, I would highly recommend getting one. I'm an auctioneer, but I know some really good real estate folks from down around there. Have fun with it, it's a buyers market right now, believe me...you're holding all the cards right now so I would take advantage of it while I could.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts