RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
took the 10 week old CLM to watch some real dogs train and he ate it up till the sun got up then he was trying to find the nearest shade. after we left i decided to take him to some public retrieving land with technical water. did a few marks and all like normal so i decided before we left id challenge him. i had him on a 30ft check cord and there was an inlet of water about 25 feet wide. i stood on the bank and threw across the water onto the other bank. he dived in swam across picked it up on land and swam back across to bring the dummy to me! i was stoked.

being very new to the game and not up to snuff on my terminology i guess that is called a water entry and re-entry mark? i dont know the difficulty of said skill but i know i've hunted with a few dogs that wouldnt do it.needless to say i was happy. i guess he deserves a edible bacon nylabone to chew on.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man we will have to get together some time

on another note feeling ambitious after this morning i decided to try a little memory bird action. 15 yard throws at 12 and 6 joker went after the 2nd mark brought it back and went after the memory bird and brought it back as well. i am impressed to say the least! it must all be genetics cause it surely aint me

now i see why wayne posts so many (all be it very informative) videos. these little boogers know how to make a guy proud. i can see why a guy i hunted with one time said "yeah i like duck hunting as much as the next guy but what gets me up every morning at 4am is to see my dog work like we practiced at home"

·
Registered
284 Posts
When its all said an done that is what its all about. Nothing better tjan watching them do what they do best. Chocked me up more than once.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.