RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You might remember my thread a few weeks ago about about bringing a new pup in the household and my worries that old dog Vince would not accept her. Well... We had a MAJOR breakthrough today. The first week was terrible, with Vince totally not liking the situation. Over the last 2 weeks, Vince has slowly allowed the pup to be closer to him and today he allowed her to crawl over him, which I did not think would EVER happen, much less in three weeks. Then Vince bumped her with his nose and took off running, inviting her to play. For the first time in almost 4 weeks, I dropped the pup's lead and let her go free. Vince made 6 laps around the shed with Jazz in hot pursuit, making one lap for Vince's two. Then they settled down together and Vince played with her. It was a sight I wasn't sure I would ever see. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders. What a great feeling to know that he's finally accepting her and enjoying it. I think I'll have a BEER!!
http://www.kerrybrooksvince.com/photos/jazz/11wks_Vince-Jazz_4.jpg

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Soooo happy for you. I just went thru the same thing w/ a pup owner w/ an older Weim. It took a week before the Weim wasn't hiding from the obnoxious puppy but one day he woke up to the lab in his loin, napping peacefully and they've been best buds since! :cool:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want to thank everyone for your comments on my original thread about being nervous over this, especially T-Pines!! All of your advice was a big help.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I enjoyed seeing her this weekend Kenny. Good luck in the future.

·
Registered
376 Posts
what a great picture of the two of them.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
The photo just glows with joy and contentment! Jazz has her father's good looks and his expressive smile.

We are happy for the good news.

Jim and Colleen

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Awesome news! great pic as well. they both look so happy happy happy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts