RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At what age do most of you move your puppies from their whelping box? Where do you move them when you do? It's about time to move mine and I'm trying to come up with suitable, safe places to move them to. I have a good idea of where but am just curious what you do.

Thank you.

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
When they start moving around fairly well, ~3 weeks, I set up two 4 foot X-Pens hooked together and take the front off the whelping box. I remove the rest of the whelping box in a couple of days. The X-Pens becomes their home for the next 5 weeks.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
When they start moving around fairly well, ~3 weeks, I set up two 4 foot X-Pens hooked together and take the front off the whelping box. I remove the rest of the whelping box in a couple of days. The X-Pens becomes their home for the next 5 weeks.
This is exactly what I do at the same time and the same way except I add a potty box with newspapers around at one end. After I take the whelping box out I add beds.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
We do the same, except we had 12 puppies so we connected 4 x-pens together to make a large exercise area. We raise our pups in a daylight basement (the bottom floor of our house is a daylight basement). Don's truck usually occupies part of the basement. We remove the truck and that is where the x-pens are set up. The cement floors are heated. We use pine shavings to make for easier clean up.

Helen

1 - 4 of 4 Posts