1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Very risky. Like life threatening.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I would wait until after their last round of shots, then its whatever you are comfortable with. I think it is good for a pup to get use to the sights and sounds of the game. Plus its a good opportunity to socialize as nearly everyone there will want to love on a pup. Just be aware, not all big dogs like a pup crawling all over them! Keep a lead on it.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
http://retrievertraining.net/forums/showthread.php?t=80788&highlight=sick+pups+at+the+national

See post #10 in the thread

I've done it before when I thought the pup would be better with me than with a dog sitter...but only if the pup had all it's vaccinations and over 3-4 months old. Otherwise, I keep them home.

I've seen them at hunt tests when people are trying to sell them. Someone brought some pups out to a field trial in Amarillo, Texas many years ago, and I heard from my pro later than some of that litter came down with parvo.

G

·
We dont take ours around any other dogs , parks schools etc... until they have fisnished their complete series of shots. Its just not worth taking a chance

G

·
It really depends on the grounds. If the trial/test is at a refuge open to anyone, no way. If the grounds are privately owned, I would be inclined to take a pup. Now I probably wouldn't take an 8 week old. That is an awful lot of sight and sound stimuli for one that young, but a tad older, yes.

And what Gavin said. Pup is on a short leash at all times. Not all humans love puppies and it's completely disrespectful to let a pup get in the face of a working dog.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts