RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
I don't feed puppy food past seven weeks of age because experience has taught me that it causes too fast a growth rate at too early an age producing non genetic hip displaysia.

·
Registered
390 Posts
I feed or fed Blue Buffalo Large Breed Puppy. if you feed a regular puppy food it "could" cause to rapid of growth. I feed it as my other 2 dogs are on Blue Buffalo Basics and they have no issues.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I think this topic has been covered pretty comprehensively the last three weeks going. You may be able to find similar thread titles by scrolling down and checking past pages.

I feed my puppy and adult dogs EVO. Because it's high quality, high protein and high fat. No recalls, made in California, not China.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
I dont think any of the GOOD dog foods are made in China are they?

Al, I feed Euk Pup Lg Breed. Have been back and forth over years but always come back to this. Good stools, they grow evenly and coats are always good.
I've done cheaper thinking they'd be good too but never been as happy. The closest I've come was PRECISE lg breed pup. I love that food too, temp to go back sometimes now that I could get it regularly thru my distributor.
The price is the same I think....

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
I feed Euk Pup Lg Breed. Have been back and forth over years but always come back to this.
X2. No problems in the dysplasia department either. It is available everywhere which makes it easier for puppy buyers.

·
Registered
792 Posts
so would you continue feeding euk lrg breed puppy to 1 year? ive heard the growth rates are better ( slower) but how better and if not when should you stop and switch to adult formula

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
I stop at or around 8 mos.

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts