RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughters 3 month old Bly keeps getting very loose stools. Feeding purina puppy chow and have seen the vet several times. I am thinking about changing to a adult all meat fed any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
592 Posts
At 3 months I would try changing to another brand of puppy food. 3 months is a little early to switch to adult food.
x2 puppies are usually a little softer but not REALLY loose.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Did the vet do a fecal check especially to rule out coccidia or giardia. Switching to a better quality Large Breed Puppy food may help-I think puppy chow is higher in protein, cut back in amount you feed. You can also try adding plain yogurt and canned plain pumpkin

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'll assume you have had your vet check out all possible problems....
I had a puppy with constant loose bowels.After my vet ruled out issues, I changed him to Royal Canin Gastro for a month along with 30 days of Forti Flora to help develop a healthy gut flora. Now he has a great stomach and can take anything.
Forti Flora is the bomb!

My vet also suggested staying with the same type of protien (chicken) and not constantly switching to another type (ie: lamb or beef).

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I had the exact opposite happen.Pup was on Euk large breed puppy.Would be ok for a feeding and then loose stool.We tried feeding less in the AM.Helped a little.Gradually changed over to ProPlan large breedpuppy and no problem since.Still make sure to have the vet rule out other problems as others have mentioned.
Hope things clear up for you and your pup.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had a pup with chronic issues until I started filtering his water. Instantly the problem went away. She might try bottled water for a couple of days, if water is the issue it should clear up quickly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts