RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my dad has his private pilot license and he has a cessna 172. i'm wondering if it'd be okay to transport my puppy i'm picking up in a few weeks in it? if i drive it will take 350 miles and 6 hours. if i fly it is 225 miles and roughly 1.5 to 1.75 hours.

i know its safe for them to ride in commercial planes but what about private single engines?

just trying to consider whats best? stress from long car ride or stress from flying?

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
I flew my lab pups all over when I had an airplane. I like a kennel as they can't crawl off somewhere. But they mostly just fall asleep. Heck, my first lab Banjo had more hours in a small plane than most Alaskans. A 2 hour trip in a 172 will be no worse than a 2 hour trip in the cab of a pickup truck. Make sure you keep him on lead around the airport, you don't want his tail docked by the guy taxiing by's propeller.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you think its necessary to have him wear those puppy headphones that protect it from the loud noise? i was planning if this works out to put it in a wire kennel in the back seat strapped down

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
I don't think a headphone thingy would hurt anything. But, I learned to fly before they were in common use and my dogs have never had one.

Huh?? What's that you say?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts