RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a result of a post earlier( that has been removed ) it got me wondering how many breeders use written purchase agreements ??

What do your agreements cover ??
Guarantee ??
How long ??
Does it lay out what is required if health issues are detected ??
Does it lay out who is responsible for what ??

Please share ; !!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Mine covers hips , eyes , elbows for three years.

-Buyers have 10 days to take pup to their vet to be checked out if issues are detected and a letter of non health. From vet buyers get refund or replace pup in Litter.

-Pup must have kennel name in registered name to have guarantee in place.

-If bred before 2 (clearances ) guarantee void

-If genetic issue is detected pup may ( not required) be returned and replaced with comparable pup. No monetary refunds.

-Buyers responsibility to cover costs of vet checks
If hip X-ray shows issue a second set is required 6 months apart by different vet.

- pups must not be taken to pound if buyers cannot keep pup or sell. Refund at breeders discretion. Buyers must notify breeder of change of ownership.

- if buyer convicted of animal abuse forfiet ownership of dog to breeder.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I love that agreement! I like the fact that the guarantee is void if they're bred before 2 years old. Good agreement there!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
The breeder that I got Maggie from had about the same agreement but if the kennel name wasn't part of their registered name it was just another 50 bucks and if the dogs hip and elbow x-rays showed an issue they had to be taken to a different vet and they were not to be "put under" as he said that if they are completely asleep it may show more of a gap or something.

·
Registered
211 Posts
If you are buying a puppy, be sure to ask what the agreement includes. I paid $2500.00 for a puppy and voided the guarantee right away by not using his kennel name on the puppy registration.

·
Registered
608 Posts
If you are buying a puppy, be sure to ask what the agreement includes. I paid $2500.00 for a puppy and voided the guarantee right away by not using his kennel name on the puppy registration.
Same here.
But I knew the agreement and I did it anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts