RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always redeem my ProPlan Pro Club points for the dog food checks. I have always waited until I have a bunch of weight circles to send in. This last batch I received 30 dog food checks @ $7 each. So I'm off to my local Petco to buy dog food and the clerk points out to me a notation on the check that only one check per bag will be accepted.

Is this a new policy? I have never seen this on the checks before and they have always accepted the whole bunch of checks and applied it to my purchase. I can find nothing in the terms of of agreement anywhere that refers to this policy, Only on the check itself. So I now have $210 worth of dog food checks but can only spend them at $7 per bag. What a pain!

I have sent an e-mail to Purina but have not received an answer yet. Got a pretty good idea what the answer will be. Another reason to hate dog food companies. I hate being jerked around. Anyone else noticed this?

Have a nice day. :evil:

JS

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I have always only been able to use one check per bag, not new to me.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Not new, been that way on mine for several years now. I have a buddy that takes them to his bank and does a deposit. That might help ya.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Pro Plan club points? Dog food checks? Is this an american thing? I have been feeding Pro Plan for 6yrs and have never heard of such a thing.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
been that way on mine as long as I have been a member, too.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Pro Plan club points? Dog food checks? Is this an american thing? I have been feeding Pro Plan for 6yrs and have never heard of such a thing.
You must belong to the ProPlan club. Not as easy to get in as before.
The 1 ck per bag has always been in effect. Some place just did not know it or read the check and they took more.
Eddie, thanks for the tip about depositing them , I never thought of that.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The 1 ck per bag has always been in effect. Some place just did not know it or read the check and they took more.
I'm wondering if that's the case with me at Petco. Hasn't been more than 6 months since I cashed in a batch of 40 checks ... $280 worth ... and they took them all at once. Maybe the store just overlooked it. Now they say they can't do it. Manager sez he has never seen that on those checks before.

How would Purina know how many bags you bought? Would they even know if you cashed them? And why would Petco or any other store even care? It's just like money to them. Just like a check I would write. (maybe better :D)

Ed, that's a good idea. I will try that if it's legal. Does your bank just accept them, no questions asked?

After I get rid of these, I think I'll just get an Applebee's card from now on.

JS

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
The store must have just overlooked it. It has always been that way

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Actually, I think it's easier. See Dennis Voigt's article in ROL, April, May, June 2012.

Canada has their own ProClub at www.purina.ca/proclub.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, got an e-mail response from Purina. They did not answer all my questions directly (how long has this been policy, etc.) just restated the policy of one check per bag. They did not comment on the fact that I had always been able to cash them in big bunches.

BUT they did suggest I could return them for the point credit and then redeem the points again for another type of gift card so kudos to them for that.

JS

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Actually, I think it's easier. See Dennis Voigt's article in ROL, April, May, June 2012.

Canada has their own ProClub at www.purina.ca/proclub.
I lady I work with tried to join about 2 yrs back after I told her about it and they would not let her. Could be you have to have a working dog of some sort or at least some kind of competing dog.
I have been turning in pt rec for about 20 yrs now so never really looked into it again.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I was told I needed 4 dogs to participate.

·
Registered
114 Posts

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I always redeem mine for Bass Pro or Cabela's gift cards. Can always find something I want there :)

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Not new, been that way on mine for several years now. I have a buddy that takes them to his bank and does a deposit. That might help ya.
Same here, one coupon per bag. The language on the coupon says "Good only toward the purchase of any 17 lb. or larger bag of Purina dog food". Also on the face of the coupon/check it says "Offer good only toward PURINA products. Any other use constitutes fraud."

I know of someone else who deposits them at his bank, but I have never tried it.

I purchased a $75 gift card for Chili's with some of my points.

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
I use mine for all sorts of gift cards. The biggest one was for a bunch of Best Buy gift cards....bought a 55" Samsung TV (that's about 380 bags of dog food).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts