RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Congratulations to Ernie Hawkins and Topbrass Hawks Red Wing for the 2nd place at Michiana this weekend! Not bad for your first dog and all.....

·
Registered
780 Posts
Congrats Ernie! See, all that hard work finally paid off! Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy and a very nice Golden!

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Woohooo! Way to go Ernie and the Red dawg! So very great to run with you this weekend, best wishes.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Way To Go Ernie.... Congratulations!!!!!

Erick & Gunner

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've been watching you two since last winter-- congratulations!! Connie

·
Registered
70 Posts
Woot Woot!!!

A Big congratulations!

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLIO! Go Ernie & Red!

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Way to go Ernie and Red see ya in the AM

Gregg Leonard :cool:

·
Registered
921 Posts
Glad to see that you guys got it done. Nice work Ernie and Red.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Yippeeeee Ernie and RED...!!!!
Wow this is cause for a Huge Celebration...
For starters...LIZ needs to make her famous Cookies!!!!!
Congratulations!
Karen and the Lab Gang

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Congratulations Ernie and Red!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hooray!! Well done team!

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Congratulations, Ernie and "Red"....QAA.....***..... :)

...........Topbrass Hawks Red Wing ***

Judy

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
In the fall of 2010, I was driving on I-80 toward Colorado for a Field Trial. I whipped into a rest stop for a quick pee and to air my dogs for a minute.

There’s another guy there with a red rug doing the same thing and as he started over my way I’m thinking, “Crap ... here we go ... NO, I’d rather our dogs didn’t ‘play’”.

Turns out this guy was heading for the same trial I was, though it was clear it was his first trial and he didn’t know exactly what to expect. As we talked, you could tell how he dearly loved his dog and how much work he had put into him. His anxiety radiated and I felt really bad about the disappointment that was in store for him.

Well, you can guess, this guy was Ernie Hawkins and it turns out he WINS the freakin’ Derby!! We chatted a lot that weekend, talked about a lot of “what-ifs”, how much he loved training his dog, and how he hoped he could be successful but if not, it wouldn’t matter that much. He had some great help back home and was gonna go for it!

What a great story and what a great guy!! CONGRATULATIONS, Ernie!! I know you’re having fun!

JS

1 - 20 of 25 Posts