RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im new to the HRC scene and need some clarification about obtaining the HR title.

I know it takes 40 points to obtain the HR title.

My friends dog currently has 10 points that he obtained in seasoned. The dog is def ready for finished. If he obtains 30 points in finished this weekend his total points from all the test will be 40.

That will give him the HR title, right?

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Yes that is correct.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Uh... why run finished? I think if he uses his finished pass points towards a HR title those points can't be counted towards the HRCH until he gets an additional 60pts for a total of 100pts.

·
Registered
416 Posts
If the dog has 10 points right by passing a seasoned test and runs all finished test from now on all points will count. The dog needs two finish passes for his HR Title and then will need 4 more passes to get his 100 points for his CH.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Uh... why run finished? I think if he uses his finished pass points towards a HR title those points can't be counted towards the HRCH until he gets an additional 60pts for a total of 100pts.
Because he can get an HR in two tests by running finished, but would need three to get the HR by running seasoned.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Just a quick caution.... Once the pooch has finished points he can no longer earn points at seasoned. So with his 10 points he cannot go and run a finished test, passs and decide to go back to seasoned for some issue that came up during the finished test. Otherwise everyone else is spot on

·
Registered
14 Posts
Glad this question was asked.. Had been wondering the same thing myself and the pitfalls that would go along with just getting 10 points at the seasond level

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Because he can get an HR in two tests by running finished, but would need three to get the HR by running seasoned.
Points wise that may be true, but in my very limited experience there'a huge step from seasoned to finished. Also, I've got a good dog that's better than his handler and I needed more line time. Either way good luck to them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts