Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you favor a change in the procedure for entering a licensed open stake of any type that would provide any professional entering six or more dogs in such an open stake a period of a week, or more, after entries close to scratch those entries, and the entries of any other dogs entered in the amateur, qualifying and derby by the professional or a client of the professional, and receive full refund of entry fees paid? This would permit professionals to enter two or more trials for a given weekend and scratch after the total entry size of each trial is known to avoid an overly large entry created by a concentration of professionals entered in one trial.

·
Registered
67 Posts
No, but I would support one stating anyone entering 6 or more dogs enter a week early.

Then everyone use EE.net and plan accordingly :lol:

·
Registered
255 Posts
I think this would create too much of a hassle for trial giving clubs.

Dan Rice

·
Registered
280 Posts
Remember ducks have to be ordered - too many scratches after they are ordered can cost the club a lot of extra money - been there 20+ scratches at our trial hurts the bottom line - yes we own land and taxes, insurance, upkeep, payments, etc have to be made - after what i have seen this spring we are lucky to own over 100 acres
terry roglitz

·
Registered
71 Posts
Who's going to pay ($$$) for and or eat all the ducks I order the day after closing.

Maybe I can cancel one porta potie

Who's going to pay ($$$) our bookkeeper who has to do all the work so the pro can shop for a smaller trial where he has less competition.

If you allow us the right to retain 1/2 ($$$) his entry fee then it might be all right. He and his clients would have to suffer as well as the club and this would make me feel better.

8)
8)
8)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts