Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If a club received more than eighty entries for its Open stake, would you support a rule change that permitted the club, after entries have closed, to convert the Open into a Limited, Special, or Restricted AA stake so as to reduce the number of prospective starters? Such club would be required to notify all entrants of the change as expeditiously as possible and each affected entrant would have the right to scratch all dogs entered and receive a full refund of all entry fees.

·
Registered
86 Posts
What are the excluded folks supposed to do after entries close? By then it will be too late to enter another event scheduled on that weekend.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One of the problems I have with this proposal, and some of the others as well, is what happens after they go into the rulebook and ten years down the road there is no longer need for them? Would their existence be available for abuse?

Isn't there a saying about "laws made in the haste of necessity make the worst laws?" Wouldn't the saying also apply to "rules?"

I know something needs to be done about the large entries. But I am not sure the answer is to limit opportunities, rather I think the solution should be about creating more opportunities.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I would support this proposal with the proviso that the closing would be earlier to afford time to those who were not qualified to find an alternate venue.

Dan Rice

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I would support a club having the option to post on their premium that a maximum of 65 entries will be accepted and those handlers with more than 2 entries need to prioritize there dogs.

Tim

·
Registered
71 Posts
Who's going to pay ($$$) for and or eat all the ducks I order the day after closing.

Maybe I can cancel one porta potie

Who's going to pay ($$$) our bookkeeper who has to do all the work so the pro can shop for a smaller trial where he has less competition.

If you allow us the right to retain 1/2 ($$$) his entry fee then it might be all right. He and his clients would have to suffer as well as the club and this would make me feel better.

8)
8)
8)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts