RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
10,112 Posts
Can you give us a few examples of sports where there are not other competitive leagues and such?

The NFL, NHL, NBA and MLB are out.
I'm not here to provide info to someone such as yourself. You
want it, look it up. The post was to show how little some know
but still feel they have a right to an opinion.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I'm not here to provide info to someone such as yourself. You
want it, look it up. The post was to show how little some know
but still feel they have a right to an opinion.
MAN, your insight is so overwhelming. Thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
10,599 Posts
I can remember the year Gonia went to TX to run Spring Trials at the request of a client. The people running the Open
there probably remember that well as he cleaned up.
What year was that? I vaguely remember that he came once at the urging of John Cole I think but I don’t remember him “cleaning up”. Why didn’t he come back?

·
Registered
1,245 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Maybe you should ask to see the voting results, who voted for or against?
I was just alerted Wednesday RTF had people upset about the Open, I train instead of internet train/complain. I was there, drunken poachers claim that members only wanted an Open so they could win obviously was wrong as none of them entered the open. There were 4 FC and/or AFC entered. 1 has 125 AA points, 1 has 44.5 points and was qualified for Oregon, none of them made the final series. So assumption gimme tests does’t work either or they should have gone 1st-4th with their titles alone.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Stan….just became aware of this thread this afternoon. You sir are due an ass kicking. You impugned my character my motivation and my friends talking out of your incredibly arrogant condescending butt. Not one of the club members looking for that cheap win ran their dog at the event. The “carefully chosen” judges of which you speak took off work judged and one of them will be throwing ducks in the derby tomorrow. He won’t be on the internet pissing and moaning , because he’ll be out in the field actually contributing to the sport. Oh and this special Olympian will be also be organizing, contributing, running at the special golden Olympics in Michigan and I will cherish any ribbon my dog’s earn at the event. So I say, and do hope you take this personally..STFU

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Stan….just became aware of this thread this afternoon. You sir are due an ass kicking. You impugned my character my motivation and my friends talking out of your incredibly arrogant condescending butt. Not one of the club members looking for that cheap win ran their dog at the event. The “carefully chosen” judges of which you speak took off work judged and one of them will be throwing ducks in the derby tomorrow. He won’t be on the internet pissing and moaning , because he’ll be out in the field actually contributing to the sport. Oh and this special Olympian will be also be organizing, contributing, running at the special golden Olympics in Michigan and I will cherish any ribbon my dog’s earn at the event. So I say, and do hope you take this personally..STFU
Well this is disconcerting.

Hope the weather is good up there tomorrow.
80% chance my arrogant, condescending, in need of a kicking butt gets wet tomorrow tossing or shooting birds.

How did your club vote?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Total outsider here; quite literally, no dog in this fight.

In golf, it is rare for golfers playing in major tournaments to play in the "ordinary" PGA tournament the week before the major. The major players are busy preparing for the major. There is even a "regular" tournament during the British Open (not a PGA event, but the biggest PGA players will be in the British Open). Those tournaments without the "big" players count the same as any other regular tournament. I don't think anyone demeans the winners as being part of a special Olympics game.

I see nothing wrong with holding trials during the Nationals. So what if a few dogs have slightly better odds of getting a win? Good for them. They will still have to beat a lot of good and great dogs.

Reactions: Reginald

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
I see nothing wrong with holding trials during the Nationals. So what if a few dogs have slightly better odds of getting a win? Good for them. They will still have to beat a lot of good and great dogs.
That window of opportunity is now closed.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Total outsider here; quite literally, no dog in this fight.

In golf, it is rare for golfers playing in major tournaments to play in the "ordinary" PGA tournament the week before the major. The major players are busy preparing for the major.
That would be hugely incorrect. The majority of them do play the week before a major.

In a couple of weeks tell me how many of the major players "skip" the Scottish Open.

Go look at the leaderboard at Arnie's tourney then the following week at the Players (the 5th major).

Go look at the leaderboard at the Byron Nelson the week before the PGA Championship.

And take a look to see who the the RBC tourney the week before the US Open.

I'll give you Eldrick but then again he rarely played much at all.

To those who have played both, believe it or not there are lots of similarities between FT'ing and golf.

·
Registered
5,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
And what a shame that is.
A tradition dating back nearly one week, and now it's gone.
Could have been different if 90 some percent of the clubs had not been in favor of the rule.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
A tradition dating back nearly one week, and now it's gone.
Could have been different if 90 some percent of the clubs had not been in favor of the rule.
Maybe you should ask to see the voting results, who voted for or against?

Reactions: drunkenpoacher
81 - 95 of 95 Posts