RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought this would be a good place for this. I currently have a Bushnell 400 rangefinder. For field trials it isn't enough, it's fine under 100 yards. I can put the little square on a person with a white coat on at ~200 yards and it will seldom give me the range. I have tried out the same thing but a Bushnel 600 unit and it wasn't any better.

What will work to find the range of a gunner out to ~400 yards?

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Mark, I just did a google search for Leica Rangefinders. Seems there is a LRF 800 for around $350. Is this what you are talking about? I can't make my Bushnel Yardage Pro 400 work on gunners consistantly at 200 yards. Were you saying the Leica will consistantly work on a gunner at 400 yards?

The gunner at 400 yards is the standard I've set for myself for any rangefinder I buy.

Just wondering who has worked one that will do this, and what brand and model was it?

PS Shayne what was the brand of the 800 and 1000 you were talking about, and were you shooting people or a big reflective sign or something?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.