RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Howard, you checked your batteries? :eek:

I don't have a problem with my 400 either but at the same time I can't be shaking at all while trying to get the reading. It works on stickmen as well up to 375yds.

The Leica is a very nice unit. Optics are awesome even in low light but more expensive than the Bushnell.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Howard I have the same range finder as you and I (seriously and truthfully) don't have any kind of problem with ranging stickmen or throwers up to 400 yards.

I'm an avid bow hunter and rangefinders are the most important equipment we use behind the bow itself. Three of my hunting buddies have switched to the Leica, however I don't believe they have the 800 in production now. We sat around camp one day and range everything from small rocks to cedar trees up to 640 yards with the Leica's. They work very well and the optics is awesome-significantly better than my Bushnell. Leica is known in the photo world as having lenses in the Hasleblad quality-really top of the line stuff.

http://www.leica-camera.com/sportoptik/produkte/rangemaster/index_e.html

Read about the pinmaster, it sounds like something that might be a little more sensitive to smaller objects.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.