RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Truck Battery

Any recommendations for a truck battery for a Toyota Tundra? - Sam's, Auto World etc.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Interstate is all I will put in anything! (well except my motorcycle, because I couldn't find one around here). They are they same price you pay for other top brands, but they really do last 7 years verses the others claiming to. I got 6 years out of my Interstate deepcycles in the boat, that is almost unheard of.

·
Registered
71 Posts
As with any of these questions, one has to ask, what's your budget?

Interstate is certainly good. Lot's of the Toyota Land Cruiser guys (myself included) are running the Sears Die Hard Platinum batteries which are re-branded Odyssey. Very high quality, and the price reflects that. I've also used Optima. One Optima lasted ten years and I proactively replaced it because I was afraid I had used up all my luck on it. The next one only lasted three years and died. Go figure.

YMMV

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Have a Diehard Gold in my F150. Been in it for 8 years..
Still goin strong.

Had a Diehard Gold in my 88 GMC. IT lasted 12yrs..

Gooser

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Have Costco Batteries in my Powerstroke for 5 years no issues. Survived two alternators going bad. Always had the best luck with Interstate Deep Cycle batteries for my boat and trolling motors.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Duralast Gold (Johnson Controls) from Autozone is a great battery that doesn't break the bank. In addition, AZ backs it up, easy to deal with, and are located everywhere. Johnson Controls makes many of the different branded batteries, to include those others have suggested.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I like Interstate. Thats what we sold at the garage I worked at years ago and I thought they were high priced but after seeing how long they last and how many other brands I went thru I switched to Interstate over 24 years ago.

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
Sams was by far the cheapest I could find on Interstate batteries.

·
Registered
590 Posts
it really doesn't matter just buy the high end of any manufacture battery that has the best buy and highest cca rating
32yr ford tech
David Jansma

·
Registered
51 Posts
If you can find a Interstate Battery refurbishing center you can get them for dirt cheap. They just replace the cells and send them out again. Same quality battery with and old case

1 - 12 of 12 Posts