RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Instead of the power charges sold by Bumper Boy, for years i have used .22 cal. power loads designed for nail guns. Lowes ,Home Depot, Menards,etc all sell them. The last several boxes i bought have not been dependable, lots of misfires, or "duds". Anyone know of a better option?

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
I have had very good luck with DeWalt loads. My son gave me a box of another brand from Home Depot that had many, many duds. Stay with DeWalt brand loads.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Ive had an occasional dud with the ones from Home Depot. I have tried to get into hte habit of checking the tip of the shell as I load them. If there is a hole in the paint in the center of the tip I discard that shell. I think there can be an occassional one that does not get the paint correct and the powder leaks out.
Where does one get "Dewalt" loads?

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
DeWalt is the brand and they are available at my Lowe's.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Instead of the power charges sold by Bumper Boy, for years i have used .22 cal. power loads designed for nail guns. Lowes ,Home Depot, Menards,etc all sell them. The last several boxes i bought have not been dependable, lots of misfires, or "duds". Anyone know of a better option?
DeWalt is the brand and they are available at my Lowe's.
I have had a similar problem but in addition to the blank being the cause the firing pins could be loose. I have 4 DD and at least once a week I find a pin that needs to be tightened

Tim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts