RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Which Remote launchers would you like to have?

• Max 7000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bumper Boy

• Zinger Winger

• other

• Jerry Day's Sure Toss

• tangelo tossers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Price is not a issue.

If you wanted to buy 3 to train by yourself which would you buy, or would it be a combination?

Issues;
Training by yourself
Ease of set up
reliability
ect.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Depends on your intended use. BB's are great for throwing bumpers and a pair makes doubles easy. Zinger Winers can throw dead ducks and even be used for flyers. I have a pair of bumper boys and one zinger winger. When I am doing drills etc the BB's are what comes with me but almost never are they used in a group training.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Easy

Tangelo Tossers hands down !!!

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
I have 2 bumper boys but would love to get a zinger winger also. The zinger winger seems really easy for somebody that is at times technology challenged :oops: .

Andy

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
I would love (& will get) a few Zinger Wingers. Reliable & very simple to set up. Light enough that a short person like me can carry two out into the field at once. I train with Steve Hamel who posts to RTF & he has Zinger Wingers. We can really set up some good training sessions.

My old training buddy (he passed away last year) had a Bumper Boy. I liked it & the dogs find the bumpers with streamers exciting along with the height of the throws, but either it was unreliable or Jim had senior moments & didn't program it properly-actually sometimes he'd say he forgot to! :) Anyway-too many buttons to push for me!

M

K

·
0 Posts
Jerry Day's sur-toss. The best of the zinger and tangelo combined PLUS packs to absolutely nothing. Easier to store than anything I've ever seen. Just as safe as the tangelo, which makes it safer than all others. Extremely easy to set up, lighter than anything else I've tried (i've had tangelos and zingers and have used other, heavier throwers with other groups through the years). Very safe and easy to use mechanism, easy to set up for either electronics, comes in either kick release or remote release.

Can't say enough good things about them. Beats the competition hands down. I don't think Jerry's done enough advertising to really promote them, but I know he can hardly keep up with the orders...

-Kristie

·
Registered
218 Posts
A combination of Bumper Boy (for bumpers only) and either Tangelo Tosser or the Sur-Toss with Train-Rite Trigger Release (for bumpers, dead birds, and flyers).

Wait, that's what we've got and about 95% of Winnie's training to competitive All Age level was done with those remote trainers by just my husband and myself.

We have two BB Derby Doubles and one Tangelo with trigger. With one us in the field we can set up a quad. We plan on adding another TT or a Sur-Toss soon.

Debbie Bohnsack

·
Registered
573 Posts
I love my Mini Zinger Winger.

A training partner recently got a Gunsup for Christmas - not bad, but you can easily tell why it is a cheaper machine - plastic endcaps instead of nice finished welded ends, much thinner square tubing, pulleys inferior, etc. We have already made modification to the Gunsup to make it more user friendly - we cut some 1 1/2" holes in the base below the primer so we could actually here the thing fire - the primer was firing in a completely enclosed box - not a very good sound chamber.

Manufactor said that they enclosed it to prevent grass fires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts