• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you feel that participation in the sport is on the rise?

Could retriever games and sports grow to the point that the
averageretriever owner is a gamer and not a hunter....

Sort of a mini NASCAR phenomenon???

and What do you think it would take to get it there ???

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
I personaly think most people just want to buy British bred bench dog that will retrieve 4 ducks a year, but that's just me. :D

Mac

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Growing NO! Changing YES!
I see the number of dogs per handler growing faster than the number of new handlers/members per club in both HTs and FTs.

Tim

·
Registered
35 Posts
That seems right. A buddy of mine got a lab a while back. I was all excited that he would train it with our group. I asked don't you want to train your dog to run blinds and mark good. The reply, "Nah, I'll just throw a rock."

Oh well.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
chrisdrew said:
That seems right. A buddy of mine got a lab a while back. I was all excited that he would train it with our group. I asked don't you want to train your dog to run blinds and mark good. The reply, "Nah, I'll just throw a rock."

Oh well.
Can your friend throw a rock 400 yards :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Lab Head said:
saltmarsh said:
I personaly think most people just want to buy British bred bench dog that will retrieve 4 ducks a year, but that's just me.
I think you meant to say AMERICAN bred!!!! :roll:
No, search Wildrose. Tounge in cheek regards.

Mac

·
Registered
255 Posts
There seems to be a dsturbing trend to people who own a dog and run it in tests, but feel no responsibility to help man those events. The attitude seems to be "I pay big entry fees so they can pay some one else to do the work."

Dan Rice

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
captaindan said:
There seems to be a dsturbing trend to people who own a dog and run it in tests, but feel no responsibility to help man those events. The attitude seems to be "I pay big entry fees so they can pay some one else to do the work."

Dan Rice
I can't speak to FTs, but I don't find that to be the case in HTs. The folks I know go with the attitude that they are as interested in helping as running their dog. There's a "this doesn't exist without everyone pitching in" atmosphere. Of course-most of the HTs rely on that participation as opposed to paid help.

M

1 - 10 of 10 Posts