RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
Is this an online magazine? Or is it a magazine you get in the mail?
Get it in the mail. They do now have a website with a few sample articles and other stuff but the magazine comes in the mail.

·
Registered
172 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
The best publication for all of us ever..... I know if i had all info Dennis has provided us over the years available in my mind at one time I would be unstoppable with good dogs. Just my thoughts

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
see!

On a StieeeeeeeK!

Gooser

·
Registered
834 Posts
I think the online part is in reference to dogs being on line, like in hunt tests and field trials. No?

Yes, "Retrievers On Line" has been around long before Al Gore invented the internet. :) It referers to being on line and handling a dog. Kind of the Canadian version of "Retriever Field Trial News"

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Well worth it!!!:)

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
I think the online part is in reference to dogs being on line, like in hunt tests and field trials. No?
There was a "Retrievers Online," before most of us were online or knew what being online meant.

Yes, "Retrievers On Line" has been around long before Al Gore invented the internet. It referers to being on line and handling a dog. Kind of the Canadian version of "Retriever Field Trial News"
If you wanted to learn how to train and handle a retriever "Retrievers Online," was/is a much better publication than, "The Retriever Field Trial News," was and I expect it's better than the, "Retriever News," is now, for training and handling.

·
Registered
834 Posts
There was a "Retrievers Online," before most of us were online or knew what being online meant.

If you wanted to learn how to train and handle a retriever "Retrievers Online," was/is a much better publication than, "The Retriever Field Trial News," was and I expect it's better than the, "Retriever News," is now, for training and handling.

I would agree Howard. My point was it's been around a long time and there was really only two major publications for retriever information "RFTN" more stats, and "Retrievers Online" was more training info.

Before the internet you would read both if you wanted to know what was going on in the retriever world.

Would you disagree??

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
I would agree Howard. My point was it's been around a long time and there was really only two major publications for retriever information "RFTN" more stats, and "Retrievers Online" was more training info.

Before the internet you would read both if you wanted to know what was going on in the retriever world.

Would you disagree??
Before I was online I subscribed to both. Now just "Retrievers Online."

Still don't know what's going on in the retriever world. :p

·
Registered
5,314 Posts

Would you disagree??
We now DO have the internet........

john

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
What Howard says. If you want a publication that the training tips alone make the subscription worth 4x what it costs, taking you from puppy basics through a finished competition dog, this is the publication for you. Its highly technical and highly understandable and incredibly useful for the training detail alone. Subscribe, and buy every back issue you can get. Articles are by, or about, some of the most succesful, sophisticated trainers alive.

If you're unsure, order a couple of back issues, or read some of Dennis' posts.

There is nothing out there that compares.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts