RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Congrats to Scott Dewey on his new venture in training dogs for veterans and autistic children. I was very glad to be one of Scott's initial clients after he apprenticed with Bill Fabian, and he spent some time with myself and Ted Miller in Idaho training Mirk and Nola when they were still under two....I was in the transition of moving my practice from Kentucky to Idaho and Scott took on the task of running the dogs in trials..He won Qualifying's on back to back weekends with Mirk and Nola..

MaryKent and I will always be thankful of the job he did for us during that hectic year. He is a fine young man (well he was young when we met) and I have no doubt that he will be successful in his new business venture

Congrats and Good Luck

Clint Mallari MD. - Eagle Idaho

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Over the past year and a half, Scott has become more and more passionate about this endeavor. The more research and investigation they have done into the field, the more it has become a “calling”.

He is stepping away from a brilliant future in the FT game and it is a HUGE challenge to get a not-for-profit of this nature up and running, but he does nothing halfway. I am sure he will be successful.

This cause certainly deserves the support of the retriever community. You can read about Retrieving Freedom at this web site:

http://www.retrievingfreedom.org/

The site is still under construction but there is an active link to a “presentation” that provides quite a bit of detail.

JS

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Good for Scott! He is a nice fellow and I wish him tons of success in this important undertaking.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts