RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any club ever ordered the ribbons offered from Entry Express?

Are they nice? Are they good quality, etc?

The reason I ask is because they are offering ribbons for $3.59 per. Our club recently bought ribbons from a different source, and it cost $5.30 per. When you need to order 100+ ribbons for a hunt test, or even 40 for a field trial, that extra money can certainly make a difference.

Thank you for all comments and feedback

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
We ordered them from EE for our fall AKC test last year. Great quality, no complaints.

·
Registered
400 Posts
It is where we get ours for the ft's. Very nice quality. And don't have to worry. Just a few clicks with the mouse and it's done.

Russell

·
Banned
5,856 Posts
EE is very expensive. I'd shop around. They also send way too many jam ribbons when we would buy them for our field trial. Our club now uses stineman out of Ohio and I can get ribbons that are nice and good quality for $2.50 per ribbon. Lots of selection and price ranges.

Our club also was always charged a set-up fee each time we ordered ribbons through EE. That didn't make any sense.

We're shopping around for a lot of things for our field trial and hunt test. It's getting too expensive otherwise.

Angie

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
EE is very expensive. I'd shop around. They also send way too many jam ribbons when we would buy them for our field trial. Our club now uses stineman out of Ohio and I can get ribbons that are nice and good quality for $2.50 per ribbon. Lots of selection and price ranges.

Our club also was always charged a set-up fee each time we ordered ribbons through EE. That didn't make any sense.

We're shopping around for a lot of things for our field trial and hunt test. It's getting too expensive otherwise.

Angie
Yup, our club did the same thing and found local place that does our ribbons! Shop around.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone. And here I thought $3.59 per ribbon was cheap. I see in the FT package, they send 4 placements, RJ, and 5 Jam ribbons.

I will check into Stineman's in ohio. Maybe also check a few other places out to see if we can not get them done locally.

Doug

·
Banned
5,856 Posts
Our club has enough Jam ribbons to last 4 trials...

We are also looking into a local trophy shop for ribbons. Just to save on shipping.

Angie

·
Registered
2,012 Posts

Angie
Thanks for the tip. Our club also gets trial and hunt test ribbons from EE. We are looking to trim costs, too. I will be checking out Stineman and will also be looking for ribbon sellers in California to save on shipping costs.

Helen

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Our club has been using Hodges (sp) for years.. Jim
Ohio Valley did the same last year. Hodges is about hlf of what we use to pay. We also got club pins and year end awards made from them.

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
EE was cheaper and easier for us than the local guys.

Whatapain they were. Should I mention the weird color green the local place had the jam ribbons? Good riddance.

·
Registered
717 Posts
Thanks for the tip. Our club also gets trial and hunt test ribbons from EE. We are looking to trim costs, too. I will be checking out Stineman and will also be looking for ribbon sellers in California to save on shipping costs.

Helen
We (South Jersey) used to use Stineman's and made the switch to Hodge's. Amazing service, great selection, very accommodating. And the prices are terrific.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Norcal GRC gets ribbons from 'Ribbons Galore" in Roseville, CA

$1.80 for rosettes with short streamers (who wants all that length that just gets wrinkled)
100 ribbons, plus 7.75% tax and shipping was $204

They have a website and you can design your own - but are also super with any help you need if you call.

Debbie Tandoc

·
Registered
779 Posts
Gee, Thanks for bringing this up, Doug. Just when I finally had my wife convinced that those pretty ribbons REALLY were worth the hundreds of dollars I spend on each one of them!

Somehow, she got the impression that the printing on them was 14K gold... Not sure how she got that idea....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts