RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HRCH UH Chin's Kanna Ridge MH "Ridge" 9-21-97 to 5-3-12
42 of 51 in HRC Hunt tests ,HRC 500 point club (575 pts.), 6 of 9 in AKC Hunt Tests, Passed 2006 Fall Grand.
I said farewell to a dear, dear friend today. I have helped many with this transition. I had prepared myself. Old age had robbed him of almost everything, except his desire. I knew it was time, he knew it was time. I just hoped it wouldn't be this damn hard.
A big, handsome dog. He was amiable affable, perceptive, not ashamed to display devotion. Always willing to forgive any transgression. All in all he was an excellent companion. We traveled many miles, sharing cherished memories. Our sojourn led us to meet some the most wonderful people we know, for that I thank you.

·
Banned
5,856 Posts
I'm so sorry Rick,,, My heart felt sympathies. There will never be another Ridge in your life. Your right. It's darn hard and we miss them soooo much and for sooo long.... He'll always be with you in your heart.

God Speed Ridge!!!!

Angie

·
Registered
7,749 Posts
So sorry for your loss. He was a beautiful dog.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Sorry for your loss and I bet he was your "Buddy too". It never gets easier as thier life is so short compared to ours.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Condolences, but he had a long and wonderful life.

All you can do is bury him in your heart.

My vet has helped me and my mutts in these circumstances, but I'm sure it's different when it's your dog. And my vet is a very compassionate guy who picked the last rose of summer from his garden for me to bury her with when Dinah went last year. He had saved Dinah twice in surgeries, so that one was a little closer to him, but it must be tough when you have to be vet and client...

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Rick-

I'm sorry beyond words for your loss of Ridge. Your signature line says it all and it's how you live your life with your dogs. I'm sure you're a vet because of a deep, deep love for dogs. You gave Ridge every opportunity to shine and he returned the favor. I have no doubt that you had each other's backs on a day to day basis. That's what it ought to be.
When the punched in the stomach feeling fades I hope you can feel good about giving a special dog a long and happy life.

Utmost Sympathy-

M

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
So sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Rick,
My heart breaks for you.
But what a wonderful life Ridge lived with you. I hope that will bring you comfort.
Take Care,
Becky

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Sorry for your loss of Ridge Rick.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
The fact that you didn’t take your dog for granted speaks for itself. The fact that you shared your tribute with us speaks louder. I am lost for words. Thank you for sharing. :(

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Rick, Please let me add my condolences for the loss of your Ridge. What would our lives be like minus the doors our dogs have opened? Nowhere near as enjoyable or rewarding. Wishing you peace.

·
Registered
500 Posts
The hurt will fade, but the memories are forever. Cherish the memories. God Speed Ridge.

·
Registered
8,615 Posts
Why, Why, Why, ...... It seems like a lot of the best are leaving us. God bless you for loving a dog.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Sorry for your loss. What a wonderful life...RIP, Ridge.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Very sorry for your loss, Ridge was a wonderful partner with you. May his memories bring you comfort now.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Condolences from our family to your's. We understand only too well just how painful the loss is having just gone through it last month with a 13+ year old who was the very personification of that one-in-a-lifetime dawg.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts