RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We had a great time at the Carolinas Retriever Association Hunt Test at the Diamond E Farm this weekend. One of the fun things we did was at the ribbon ceremonies. If your dog titled in any stake or if that pass quaified your dog for the Master Nationals you got to ring the bell. The bell is a cast iron bell attached to one end of an antique railroad baggage wagon. The biggest and most fun celebrations came from Junior handlers getting their first title ribbon. They were high fiving and woohooing all the way up to the wagon. When they rang the bell they rang it loud! As Danielle stated in another post she could hear the applause and the bell ringing from some distance away. It was pretty cool seeing their proud sense of accomplishment and joy. I was glad to be there.

Wally

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
I like that idea. Much prettier then getting doused with a bucket of water!
I agree!! Some of the dousing are serious coolers full of ice and water and not one cooler. It was not too funny at West Central Ohio. I don't know why clubs allow it???? Not being a party pooper but...IMO

·
Registered
325 Posts
Me and my little girl got to ring that bell!! My boy Bodie got his MH title there this weekend!!

Amy

·
Registered
469 Posts
I sure wish I could have been there. You & Angie really have a nice place for a trial. Very nice.
Wish dogs were ready for a trial.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Wally and Angie,

Thanks for hosting us this weekend. The event was well planned and went smoothly.
It is great to know people like you that contribute so much to the sport.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
I have a female named Blue Heaven Ring My Bell. We would have been there if she hadn't came in heat. We would have got to ring it tho she is just starting master. Maybe next yr!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Lucky for all of you I've just incorporated Bernardi Iron Works and I'm giving discounts to HRC/AKC clubs on all bells. Strikers are extra.

;) LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts