RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate to be the one to break the bad news, but I just heard from Ms Becky that she has lost Hoss! Hoss was one of a kind and loved training and hanging out with Ms Becky! Hoss you touched so many and words can't describe how much you will be missed!

I will miss you buddy,
From your favorite flyer shooter
Brandon!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Becky,

So very sorry to hear that you have lost Hoss. You and he were the very best ambassadors of our breed and their owners. My deepest condolences.

Mark

·
Registered
8,644 Posts
Becky, my heart absolutely breaks for you. All I know of you is what I've learned from your stories about you and Hoss. The two of you have been here together on RTF since the first day I found it. I feel like I have lost an estranged cousin. I hope his last day was peaceful and you find some ease from your pain in remembering.

Love from NM.

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
OH no...... while my heart is breaking for you Becky, I know it's not more than yours... Hoss is a special boy and will be forever in your heart. Most of all, he knew how much you loved him.

RIP Hoss man- May all your marks be flyers, wings tipped in gold. May all your blinds be lined.

Master Hunter, Stealer of Hearts, Ice Cream Lover, Favoite Child. Rest Easy boy.

·
Registered
15,660 Posts
Damn....Becky I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Hoss...a big hug for ya from across the country

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
Holy crap, not the news I wanted to read...

Becky I'm so sorry for your loss, I hope there is a Dairy Queen right on the other side of the rainbow bridge for Hoss and not only will they serve him an ice cream cone, but all the flyers he desires!

Take care...

Lainee, Flash, Bullet, Tango and Rascal

·
Registered
499 Posts
We are very sorry for the loss of your precious Hoss. You two had a special relationship with many years of great times and memories. Sometimes, I think, the longer they live the harder the loss but we are all very lucky to have had them in our lives no matter how long that may be.

G

·
The subject line I hoped never to read...

I am stunned and wish I could come up with the right words but there just aren't any. Anyone who has met you and Hoss, or even those of us who haven't but feel like we have, just lost a piece of their heart today. I would call you Becky but I know if it were me I wouldn't feel like talking. Just know you are in my thoughts.

Hoss man, you were supposed to live forever. :cry::cry:

·
Registered
605 Posts
Oh, Becky, I am so sorry. I just looked back through my photos and looked at you and Hoss together in happier times. That's the way I will remember him---in the photo it looked like both of your "tails" were wagging from the fun you were having together.

Those holes they leave are always so big, but once the immediate pain starts to diminish, you can start to fill them up a little with years of wonderful memories.

Big hugs to you,

Glenda

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
So very sorry for your loss Becky.You and Hoss were so fortunate to have eack other.
RIP Hoss!

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
We always know that one day this is going to happen. But that never makes it any easier or less painful. Hoss was a very special boy, one that I am so happy to have known and I am proud to have him as my fluffy nephew.

Hoss was loved and he knew it. He had a life well lived - he could not have had a better human than you. He touched many lives so you know his memory will live on forever.

I hope the day comes quickly when you can think of him and there will only be smiles, the tears will have dried.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Hoss, you will be missed here on earth but I know you will be waiting patiently at the Rainbow Bridge and greeting all new comers with your smile and wagging tail.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Oh dear Becky, I am so sorry to read this. It doesn't matter how rationally you've tried to prepare for the inevitable, when it happens, it's like the earth has dropped out from underneath you.

I will choose to remember Hoss as that fun-loving (and a little bit naughty) guy that you were running the Qual with at Memphis when I first met you face-to-face several years ago. You showed up at my truck with cookies and friendship, and Hoss was looking for a Dairy Queen.... It seems like yesterday.

You have said this, in kindness and sympathy, to others, but there is NO ONE on this earth that deserves to hear it more than you:

"Hoss hit the canine jackpot when he got you as his human."

Love and sympathy to you my friend....

·
Registered
277 Posts
Dear Becky,

I am so sorry to read of your loss. You seem to be a really neat person and Hoss was fortunate to spend his life with you and vice versa. Thanks for being such a good dog owner.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
You showed up at my truck with cookies and friendship, and Hoss was looking for a Dairy Queen.... It seems like yesterday.
I'd love to know just how many people have been met by Becky with cookies and friendship. I was a naive northern boy with a golden who ventured down south and the first person I met was Becky who sought us out from the catalogue to make us feel welcome. Left an indelible impression, both of them.

Thinking more about Hoss' passing left me believing that Becky and Hoss are the real "icons" of this sport as they both embodied all that is good and right about this silly game of dogs picking things up. Becky and Hoss seemed to truly enjoy the journey, and each other. A sad day.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I'm so sorry for your heartbreak, Becky. Run free Hoss.

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
So very sorry, Becky. Some might big pawprints left behind by that boy. Taken from you too soon. May you find comfort in his memories.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
So very sorry to hear this. Hoss Man and Becky were so blessed to have each other. I'll never forget seeing him riding shotgun in the pickup last fall. Can still see the smile on his face was just as big as the one on Becky's face. Consider it a pleasure and a priveledge to be aquainted with them. You are in our thoughts and prayers, Becky and Hoss.
Bait and Kathy

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
Oh Becky...I am so sorry to hear this. Hoss (and you, of course) were on my "want to meet someday" list. Guess I'll get to meet you a little sooner than I will Hoss. :( I know this leaves a big hole in your heart, but it is filled with memories and adventures (and ice cream, too! ;) )
R.I.P., Hoss.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts