RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:lol: Well just when think you have seen and heard it all the judges came up with a new twist for an open all age stake.
Water blind down the shore line.
1. First gun shoots followed by the winger bird catapulted and (dead duck) landing about 35 yards on land next to the waters edge within 4-8 feet.
This winger bird lands straight ahead and slightly to the right not far from the perfect line to the blind.
2. A second shot followed by the a large rock being thrown with a high arc and a big splash. This was off to the left and nearly at a right angle to the line of the blind; about 10 to 15 yards away. One dog broke on the thrown rock bird. Several dogs got up to take a closer look.

·
Registered
932 Posts
WOW, and to think two judges agreed to this.................... :?

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
Didn't realize Shayne was judging last weekend. :p

UB

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Does that fall under trickery?

·
Registered
545 Posts
were all the rocks roughly the same size, shape and weight?

Keeping it fair regards. :wink:

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
ACEBLDRS said:

My thought was inline with yours, but I was wondering if they had the Marshall find enough rocks for the dogs or if they had to "re-rock" part way through the series..... :shock: :?

FOM

·
Registered
545 Posts
FOM said:
ACEBLDRS said:

My thought was inline with yours, but I was wondering if they had the Marshall find enough rocks for the dogs or if they had to "re-rock" part way through the series..... :shock: :?

FOM
Damn near spit coffee on the puter. That is funny.

I'm going to be thinking about "re rocking" all day.

·
Registered
43 Posts
That test is a nothing more than a trick and a dry sluce. Which is outlawed in marks thrown in Canadian trials. No one ever would think to outlaw it here because who whould be so foolish to actually do it at a trial. Those judges should be ashamed for setting up such a test.

Mark Fredrick

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
SO this really happened? Or you are saying it would be bad if it did? You know, 'cause I'm hoping you are just being funny. :(

·
Registered
65 Posts
MF said:
That test is a nothing more than a trick and a dry sluce. Which is outlawed in marks thrown in Canadian trials.
THIS WAS A CANADIAN TRIAL

Tricks in all 4 series.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I dont know how deep the water was but 2 of the 3 of my dogs will fetch rock underwater. The neighbor kids think it cool to see them under water.
She did brick back a cripple that dove under and when I took the duck it had weeds in its beak.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
You could skip a rock and it would be a better sluice. :lol:

·
Registered
43 Posts
I once saw the judge, that most likely judged this trial, shoot 3 birds in the final series and then dry shoot a poper into the waterfrom line. As I recall 1 broke and a couple hunted for a bird that did not exist. Judges like are why Marivns site esists.

Mark Fredrick

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The trial was on Saturday.
In the past I have seen thrown duck with a line attached to facilitate the recovery of a diversion bird which would otherwise be time consuming, to do so using a boat or wading to recover the bird would not expidite matters.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
MF said:
I once saw the judge, that most likely judged this trial, shoot 3 birds in the final series and then dry shoot a poper into the waterfrom line. As I recall 1 broke and a couple hunted for a bird that did not exist. Judges like are why Marivns site esists.

Mark Fredrick
I assume you meant judges that do test like this are why Marvins site exist.

I dont know if you have looked at Marv's site but I saw NO listing of judges that put on poor test. Marvins site only list PARTIAL trial performance placements and previous events judged. As of yet it does not show actually how a judge has done in the past good or bad. Marvins site tries to use you and your dogs trial placements as a way of showing how you will judge in the future.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Apparently you have minimal comprehension capacity. If people did not set up such poor tests and did consistently put on quality stakes Marvin would not have felt the need to set up a site analyzing judging capability.

Mark Fredrick

1 - 20 of 33 Posts