RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

What's happening with Roger's record-breaking Bush topic?

• Great or entertaining banter that I like to check each day!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Same old in-fighting that I read for entertainment only

• Great place to go to vent my frustrations and air my views

• A waste of database space

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm keeping my promise and have not opened the thread since I asked Roger to keep his Bush praise all on one thread.

I'm wondering how the RTF readership is finding it.

I'm still not going to open it. I got the idea a week ago that someone found it bothersome that "adult language" and personal attacks were part of it. I'm hoping that's at least cleared up!

If you're following the post, as apparently LOTS of you are, would you please go ahead and click a button for me?

Thanks,

Janitor

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
None of the above.

I am VERY happy you have segregated it! It is one thread, and only one thread, and I don't have to open it unless I want to.

Well done.

·
Registered
521 Posts
I thought that by far the most interesting and informational part was in regards to Russ' question about the filling in a Twinkie vs a Ding Dong.

Buck

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
I am not so sure how many people are following it. I think it has become a personal forum for about 10 people.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I agree, the twinkie vs ding dong information was very good.

I like that it is just one thread. I open it about once a week and scan to see what they are up to now.

Thanks for handling it so well.

Lesa C

·
Registered
181 Posts
:) It's fun to read for a page or two :)
but
:( It has gotten real old now. :(

:evil: If it was my party I would throw him out. :evil:

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
Time for him to get a blog and pay for his own bandwidth. Maybe RTF will speed up. :twisted: :twisted:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Pasquatch said:
:) :evil: If it was my party I would throw him out. :evil:
If it was my site, I'd delete all the politics. If you're going to leave some, leave that, too, I guess. (I've looked 2ice, once at page 1 once at page 27.)

·
Registered
17,222 Posts
First, I wish y'all would change the name of the thread to something more neutral. Like, "Political Dumping Thread Rant Here".

Second, it is more entertaining than, "Help me name my dog threads"

Third, it is better reading than the, "Who should I breed my young unproven bitch to" threads.

And finally, political humor can be one of the best forms of humor and I enjoy the politics. At least some people are passionate and thinking about the problems!

·
Banned
3,611 Posts
I am having a good time with the thread. I enjoy a good debate and rebuttal. Almost 12,000 people have viewed it, heck I thought it would have gone away a long time ago.

·
Registered
5,356 Posts
Almost 12,000 people have viewed it....
Almost 12,000 views have been made. There's a big difference between views and individual viewers.

Sorta reminds me of our local newspaper that claims there are 284,000 people reading their paper every day based on their 115,000 Sunday-only subscribers...... :roll:

kg

·
Registered
17,222 Posts
K G said:
Almost 12,000 people have viewed it....
Almost 12,000 views have been made. There's a big difference between views and individual viewers.

Sorta reminds me of our local newspaper that claims there are 284,000 people reading their paper every day based on their 115,000 Sunday-only subscribers...... :roll:

kg
That's kind of like the nearly 200 HT judges on RTF that have responded to the current HT judging poll. :lol:

·
Registered
8,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Keith Stroyan said:
Pasquatch said:
:) :evil: If it was my party I would throw him out. :evil:
If it was my site, I'd delete all the politics. If you're going to leave some, leave that, too, I guess. (I've looked 2ice, once at page 1 once at page 27.)
Hi Keith,

I'd personally prefer that the site be devoid of political debate myself. But, I also respect that this board is for the use of the retriever community as designed. As long as the board is used within the very brief, reasonable, easily understood guidelines, I don't want to enforce too much of my personal preference.

I just got a nice litter announcement from a vet buddy in Ohio...I saw you were on the email distribution.... Awful tempting for this flatlander!

Chris

·
Registered
122 Posts
ErinsEdge said:
Time for him to get a blog and pay for his own bandwidth. Maybe RTF will speed up. :twisted: :twisted:
Good Idea :wink: .............Thread doesn't interest me! To each his own!!!:roll: :roll:

Norene S.
Nordom Chesapeakes

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Seems logical to me to just let those folks that are interested converse via PM.

I think it's a waste.

Jerry

·
Banned
3,611 Posts
Norene S. said:
ErinsEdge said:
Good Idea :wink: .............Thread doesn't interest me! To each his own!!!:roll: :roll:

Norene S.
Nordom Chesapeakes
Jerry said:
Seems logical to me to just let those folks that are interested converse via PM.

I think it's a waste.

Jerry
By that way of thinking ALL GDG would not be allowed and God knows there is a lot of that on here.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I voted for the last option.

Political posturing is a waste of space, there isn't much real discussion or give and take...it is mostly heat and not much light.

Having said that, it is no worse than other off topic discussions on RTF (TV shows, Enron, etc.) At least the subject line is clearly labeled. Lately it seems that the subject line doesn't really describe the contents of the original post.

If a thread is clearly labeled, one can choose to skip it or read it.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Vicky Trainor said:
It's not my cup of tea but at least it's all in one thread. :)

Vicky
Agreed!

I like the new idea/format of off-topic ongoing/renewing topics simply being renewed within the same thread. Much as the poster with the Christian messages. For those who wish to partake, they may do so. Others can skip it, because it is clearly labeled. Whoever thought up that format deserves a Nobel peace prize.

Actually would be good for hot-button RETRIEVER topics, as well. Take the current AKC Judging Policy discussion. What have we got, half a dozen DIFFERENT threads on that same subject? Hard to keep up with it all.

Lisa

·
Registered
546 Posts
I check in every now and then to see what slings and arrows are being thrown but if you change the names it's like Australian politics so I get over it real quick.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.