RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yates is home.

He has front sit down pat. As a train abitity test Kristin Best would go out to the litter with treats. When one sat down he/she would get a treat. Yates picked up on this quickly and will sit facing me a lot. Now to build on that.
First we’re going to adjust to our new home. Crate training last night was loud but he is adjusting. We had one quiet period of three hours and several of two hours.
I have some videos of the litter and of Yates that I will post later.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
That's great Wayne! Can't beat puppy breath and ankle biting - and all the puppy antics that make us smile.

It's nice to have your breeder start working with the pups when they are in the 'baby sponge' stage. Takes just a little time and is well worth the effort.

8 hours of sleep will come again.. in about 4 weeks. LOL! Hi Yates!

·
Registered
6,447 Posts
Rolling, rolling, rolling, keep those doggies moving, Rawhide .....

Reactions: Tobias

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Look at the puppies sitting. I think Yates is the one on the fall left. Waiting for treats.
To the hallway next. I'm not as agile as I used to be.

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Wayne, if you don’t go with the whole enchilada as suggested above by Ted Shih, roseberry and I will gladly subsidize a naming variation—inserting, you know, “Tide” ‘tween the two Rollin’s.

Congrats again—

MG

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yates is home.
View attachment 86146 View attachment 86147
He has front sit down pat. As a train abitity test Kristin Best would go out to the litter with treats. When one sat down he/she would get a treat. Yates picked up on this quickly and will sit facing me a lot. Now to build on that.
First we’re going to adjust to our new home. Crate training last night was loud but he is adjusting. We had one quiet period of three hours and several of two hours.
Enjoy the new pup! I recall reading in one of Lardy's books where he recommended letting the new pup sleep with you in the bed for the first couple nights away from the litter to help with bonding and the separation anxiety from its littermates. Idk if it works, but its a great excuse for me to let them in the bed for the short term!

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He slept in his crate next to me last night. He won’t be allowed in the bed per my wife.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Yates is home.
View attachment 86146 View attachment 86147
I have some videos of the litter and of Yates that I will post later.
Very happy for you. Keeps you mentally and physically engaged and that's a really good thing. The whole "fun" part is just the cherry on top.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Congrats on your new addition! Great retrieve on the video. Enjoy the journey.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Congratulations! What a little cutie!

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yates did good last night in his crate. I only had to let him out once. He hears/sees me get up and go to the bathroom. When I leave he cries. Progress though.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My truck is in shop so just exposing Yates to things we can visit in the yard.

Reactions: Labs R Us

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Final registered name: Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' Rawhide!

Reactions: Tobias

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
More puppy videos

1 - 20 of 130 Posts