RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Wayne , Diane and I go pick up our puppy on Saturday. Diane`s Special Day call name Cinco we hope she turns out to be field trial caliber but if not she will be happy with us til the end just all the others .

·
Registered
7,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Jesse post pictures when you get her.

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Reactions: Labs R Us

·
Registered
16 Posts
My pup was born yesterday. I am watching your post intently. I competed in coonhound events in my 20’s and 30’s and then life took over. I’m now in my sixties, retired and excited as a kid to try the retriever game. Labs are clearly very different than hounds so I have a lot to learn. That’s for sharing Wayne.

·
Registered
7,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Yates did great in kennel by himself last night. Not a peep until 5 am which is our normal getting up time.

·
Registered
7,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 · (Edited)
More from Yates
On the paint roller Yates ran by me to get on the garbage can lid. He loves that thing. We are also starting to walk at heel. That is coming along very well.

Reactions: Labs R Us

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
I really like your pup, and you're doing a great job socializing him and training him. He doesn't even know he is being trained, and that is an art, my friend!
Love the videos! -Paul

·
Registered
7,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 · (Edited)
Yates slept in his crate in the house last night. It was a very stormy night.
I was pleased as we had some big lightning and thunder storms early in the evening before we turned in. They didn't phase Yates.

We received a iPhone alert to immediately take shelter. That got my attention but it was not in our immediate area. I'm watching local news to see if a tornado touched down anywhere.
P.S. May have been a brief touchdown in Azle, north of us about 10 miles or so. No deaths but a few injuries as one trailer home was uprooted. But could have been just strong winds.

Reactions: Tobias

·
Registered
269 Posts
Yates slept in his crate in the house last night. It was a very stormy night.
I was pleased as we had some big lightning and thunder storms early in the evening before we turned in. They didn't phase Yates.

We received a iPhone alert to immediately take shelter. That got my attention but it was not in our immediate area. I'm watching local news to see if a tornado touched down anywhere.
P.S. May have been a brief touchdown in Azle, north of us about 10 miles or so. No deaths but a few injuries as one trailer home was uprooted. But could have been just strong winds.
I was working at the airport last night and the only warnings we had were for high winds all was normal when I got off work at 10 pm. How did shiner do at the test?

·
Registered
7,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Shiner broke in first series. His dad is some kind of pissed.

·
Registered
7,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 · (Edited)
He broke on the second bird of a triple. My son said "no heel" and he only got about 8 steps and returned to heel. But it was over. My son is too easy with Shiner and he gets his way at times.

·
Registered
7,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Doing ob. Focus on sitting, walking at heel.
A couple of days ago I introduced the whistle to sit. Good progress on staying.
Need to reduce the number of times I say sit and move this drill to a nearby cul-de-sac. This will expose him to neighbors walking and cycling by and some walking their pet dogs. Lots of distractions.

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
I felt like clapping when you walked all the way around him and his 'sit' was solid! -Paul

·
Registered
7,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Seeing a live pigeon for the first time. Once the fields dry up he will get to chase a wing clipped pigeon.

Reactions: Jesus Ochoa

·
Registered
7,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 · (Edited)
Next step in Hillman. At first he wanted to go a mite early. But he has it now. The last throw was much further but I threw in out of the videocam view. But he did good.
Tomorrow back to our dry fields.
We will do wing clipped pigeon and maybe crossing a small inlet of water
Thursday visit pro training day just for sights, smells and sounds
Friday revisit traffic cop toss, steady and retrieve.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I love the enthusiasm you always show when you are out working with Yates, that was the way I was taught and people at parks think I'm crazy. Plus it helps keep you young.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts