RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
101 - 120 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
7,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
Yates has a deeply bruised toe. No field work for 7-10 days. Deramaxx for a week. He can continue ob and play in yard.
Yates is doing force hold. And is holding for 45 seconds. I work my way up to three minutes.

·
Registered
7,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
When I got back from training we did FH. It was so hot outside we moved in the house and met our goal of holding for three minutes. Now to move with the bumper in his mouth.

·
Registered
7,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Completed force hold on table by holding for three minutes cold and then moving. Then we went the ground with success.
Next step force fetch with toe hitch.
Very soon I am going to do an early ecollar here. Yates needs it.

Reactions: Frostyhollow

·
Registered
7,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Yates went to the field with me for the fist time in about 10 days. No sign of a !imp. So his toe is healed.
I ran three dogs. Finished at 7:30. Starting picking up and left training grounds at 8:15 (81 degrees). It was brutal out. Temp wasn't so bad but humidity was 90%+.
Tomorrow I'm taking ice blocks. Next week is forecast to be a little cooler.

·
Registered
7,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Working animal Companion dog

It’s hot. Ran four dogs this morning. Done about 7:30. Started very early.

Reactions: Frostyhollow

·
Registered
7,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 · (Edited)
A rough start but he caught on pretty quick. So, I think this is going to go quickly.
Rained out of training grounds. So worked on being steady. Long way to go yet but typical start with taunt lead.

·
Registered
366 Posts
A rough start but he caught on pretty quick. So, I think this is going to go quickly.
Rained out of training grounds. So worked on being steady. Long way to go yet but typical start with taunt lead.
Wow amazing how fast he progressed, quickly learning how to shut off the pressure by fetching

·
Registered
7,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
In the field. Slowly getting a little taunt lead steady. I forgot to put my hand down. The next step will be to add noise at gun station.

·
Registered
7,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
Lots of screaming and yelling until we get it right as everyday brings new challenges. Today was learning to ignore barking neighbors dogs and still retrieve.
Note we have reduced the lead in length and diameter. This was just yard work. This Saturday we will have a small group for added excitement.

Reactions: Clamb43

·
Registered
7,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
Yes they are.

·
Registered
7,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
Our small group training went well this morning. Yates definitely needed a taunt lead.
We were picked up and left the ranch at about 8:45. Just as it was starting to warm up.

·
Registered
7,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
Yates six months

Reactions: ripline

·
Registered
7,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
FF clicked with Yates this morning. Video tomorrow on table and then move to ground.

·
Registered
7,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
Tomorrow I will start my big circle on the ground for more walking ff.

When you first start ff you have to be agile.

Reactions: Jesus Ochoa

·
Registered
7,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
Some may remember Howard Neimi. Sadly he passed a few years ago. He was a very knowledgeable dog trainer and helped me a lot. He told me on walking ff there will be a day when the dog stops thinking this is fun and will refuse. And you have to work you way through this bump in the road. Today I hit that day. I turned off the video as it got pretty rough for a bit. I ended on positive note and we'lll see how tomorrow goes.

·
Registered
7,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #120 ·
Day 2 of stick fetch. All went well. This is not my best video. I couldn't get the captions in sync with the video.
We're ready to move on to three handed casting.
In the field he is loose lead steady on BB and winger tossed dokken on both land and water. He delivers to hand mostly. Ducks coming soon. I need to get some videos.

101 - 120 of 155 Posts