RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got some pics of those Roux pups, coco or black, thinking of taking the plunge, just wondering how cute they are ;)

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Which Roux, The HT Roux or FT Roux?

My boy (avatar) is from FT Roux.

From This:

To This:

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The FC Roux, although I do appreciate the HRC dogs, I've seen many of them running around the HRC scene, definitely doing the job. Haven't seen very many of the FC Roux offspring except Ammo, just wonder what size and look he throws. Anyone seen any Black out of him?

·
Registered
792 Posts
looking at pedigrees always amazes me. i saw that FT Roux is grandson of Barracuda Blue on his dad's side. well my HRC Roux pup is the grandson of Barracuda Blue on his mom's side. as they say its a small world after all

·
Registered
695 Posts
My avatar is my Roux pup Soul. He is about 70lbs and I think he is very nice looking. Soul is out of TyRoux #4. Running Derby this fall.

Love everything about him.

Janet

·
Registered
333 Posts
Not exactly an apple off the same tree, but a very close tree. My pup's sire is FC-AFC Waydago Call of the Wild "Drake", who was a litter mate of FC Roux. That was one impressive chocolate breeding, to produce an FC and FC-AFC! My pup is about 18 months now and midway through transition, doing extremely well, I wouldn't change a thing, he's a fantastic dog. He weighs 82lbs now and is long, tall with a very athletic/muscular build. Great work ethic, hard charger and an outstanding marker, and he always wants to do the right thing. Makes a rookie trainer like me look like I actually know what I'm doing! Will be running a derby or two this fall and FT's after that.

From this . . .

To this

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I co own the pick of the litter from Roux/Tara second breeding with Frank Price and I do all of his training. Bleu has won three seconds in a row in the Qual and if his blinds come up to his marking standards will win some AA trials this fall or next spring. He marks better than any dog I have owned, including my own Jefe who has 10 AA points, and Gracie who was an AFC. I consider him to be on par or perhaps even better than Dad, and that's saying a lot.

You can't go wrong with Roux as a stud choice.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
The FC Roux, although I do appreciate the HRC dogs, I've seen many of them running around the HRC scene, definitely doing the job. Haven't seen very many of the FC Roux offspring except Ammo, just wonder what size and look he throws. Anyone seen any Black out of him?
YOU will !!!!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Two Years Ago...
http://

Last year

Two weeks Ago...4th Master Pass

Anytime after 9PM

Love my Birdie Girl!!!
Great job Frank and Deb!!!!!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I never had a Roux pup but I did train an older Roux dog in for training a couple summers ago. The dog was on the third owner by this time. The first owner had family problems and left the pup tied to the dog house for the first year plus. The second owner did a nice job of training the dog but missed the formative year so there were a few issues with concentration. When I got him he was with the third owner who had no clue what to do. I took him on for the summer and rounded him into a nice hunting dog, but he would never be a hunt test dog without a lot more work. His concentration level was hit and miss, but he showed flashes of brilliance that had to be seen to believed. My wife went out with me toward the end of the summer and asked what I thought of the dog. I told her that I wish we had him from day 1 because he could have been something.

·
Registered
947 Posts
For your request of pics.......that being FC-AFC Wing Magic's Louisiana Roux MH.................go here............ https://www.facebook.com/santafe.labs
You will find all kinds of pics of the choco dogs from several litters ......................
Also, go to our website at www.BayouMagicRetrievers.com and on facebook search for Bayou Magic Retrievers. Deb also has some info on her Sante Fe website and facebook page.

Got a Dakota Cajun Roux pup. I know it's not the FC Roux. The breeding was to a Magnum Gentle Ben daughter. He's about to turn 3 and is really special. View attachment 7881 View attachment 7882 View attachment 7883 View attachment 7884
Roux is an amateur trained FC AFC and MH. He is my gundog, pulling primary duty retrieving waterfowl, but has pulled some duty chasing pheasants. We've also used him as a guide dog for Tim's guide service the Duck Club of Oklahoma with 8 to 10 guns blasting ducks decoying in peanut fields. Some of the hunts are on video at YouTube. Just search for Bayou Magic Retrievers.

About pup size, his pup's range from the small size of Ammo up to the 90 pounders like Bleu, and Ammo and Bleu are siblings. Some are colored very dark, some not so much. Some have exhibited the ultra-high drive similar to Roux, some have been more deliberate, but with plenty of go more similar to Ammo and Bleu. I kept a male (Burke) out of the last repeat to Tyra. He leans more toward the high drive of Roux on marks, but is much easier to handle than Roux on his blinds because he runs them at a manageable speed. (At 15 months he runs very nice blinds.) Roux's abilities seem to be passed to his pups consistently, although I'm sure there are some exceptions. His best attribute without a doubt is his intelligence. Next is marking and willingness to be a team player. Wish I could clone him.

·
Registered
105 Posts
My avatar is a litter mate to Ammo. SCL's Sugar Magnolia. Maggie has a son that is on the Derby list. This bloodline continues to put it in it's puppies. Can't miss, no brainer. Take the plunge or you might look at Roux's brother Drake at Sweetwater Retrievers. Titled before Roux and is EIC clear.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've got a BLF out of Franks Roux. She's 53lbs of go and sweet as can be around the house. Never played the HT or FT game but she's retrieved thousands of birds in the last 3 years. Here's a few pics.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I've got a BLF out of Franks Roux. She's 53lbs of go and sweet as can be around the house. Never played the HT or FT game but she's retrieved thousands of birds in the last 3 years. Here's a few pics.

WOW!!! She is a LOOKER! Congrats on a beautiful dog

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a Roux daughter, Gator Point's Bayou Le Roux (Dakota's Cajun Roux x Gator Pts. Trick-R-Treat (a Gator PTs Gentle Ben daughter)) who was bred yesterday to It's All Over Now Baby Blue. If the breeding was surgical insemination was successfull. Pups will be here between Dec 6and Dec 9.Looking forward to this cross.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts