RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Rowdy coming on here and jumping a log.

Rowdy learning to be high and play on ff table.

Rowdy practicing his swan dive.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Not short on ideas to entertain you and the dog Wayne. Great idea getting him used to FF table and doing all the other little drill. It will pay off in the end. Great job. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Wayne - Great videos as always. I do have a question though. Prior to you saying "here", is the dog staying on his own or is someone holding him back?

David

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rowdy is being held back. He won't stay that long yet.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Wayne, I love your vid clips and have watched everyone of them that you have posted since I joined back in January. Thank you for posting them. Rowdy is really a good looking pup! And it looks like the both of you are having a big BIG time!

·
Registered
716 Posts
Your using your head Wayne! I can tell you understand the concepts and what's truly important to make an advanced retriever. Do you use "over the log" as a command? Comes in handy!

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Wayne
re the recall over the log.
Think of some of the retrieves you will be asking your dog to do in the upcoming months. Now, recalls with your dog through the same stuff he will see later on when doing marks.
Recall through cover, ditches, on a sidehill, water, over islands, etc. Pup will usually come straight to you.
Anyway, something to keep in mind that isn't talked about much.
Cheers,

·
Registered
716 Posts
Wayne
re the recall over the log.
Think of some of the retrieves you will be asking your dog to do in the upcoming months. Now, recalls with your dog through the same stuff he will see later on when doing marks.
Recall through cover, ditches, on a sidehill, water, over islands, etc. Pup will usually come straight to you.
Anyway, something to keep in mind that isn't talked about much.
Cheers,
On the same note, dogs remember where "home base" is. Repeating a mark or blind can sometimes be counterproductive for a pup but running it the opposite way from the fall to "home base" really makes sense to dogs and reinforces the "line" and your not sending them back to an old fall. Just my .02, its worth what you paid;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts