RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
7,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rowdy and I were in the back yard changing the water in the wading pool he plays in. He was about 5 steps from me and started crying and holding his right front leg up. I checked his paw for a sticker and found none. He continued to cry. I rushed him to the vet which is only 15 minutes away.

They found two bite marks on the back of his right forearm. They are too far apart to be fang marks. So, he was struck twice with partial hits from a snake or was stung twice by a scorpion. They are treating him aggressively as if it is a snake bite. They have him on all kinds of meds including an iv. I am to call back at 4:30 to see how he is doing. I didn't hear a rattle so if it was a snake it was a copperhead.

I was stung by a small scorpion about 10 feet away about two weeks ago. It was a very small one. I took some bendyrl and was fine.

Hoping for the best. He is my little guy!

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
Rowdy and I were in the back yard changing the water in the wading pool he plays in. He was about 5 steps from me and started crying and holding his right front leg up. I checked his paw for a sticker and found none. He continued to cry. I rushed him to the vet which is only 15 minutes away.

They found two bite marks on the back of his right forearm. They are too far apart to be fang marks. So, he was struck twice with partial hits from a snake or was stung twice by a scorpion. They are treating him aggressively as if it is a snake bite. They have him on all kinds of meds including an iv. I am to call back at 4:30 to see how he is doing. I didn't hear a rattle so if it was a snake it was a copperhead.

I was stung by a small scorpion about 10 feet away about two weeks ago. It was a very small one. I took some bendyrl and was fine.
Y
Oh no...
Hoping for the best, Wayne!9*

·
Registered
376 Posts
Please keep us updated. I am glad you were with him and reacted so quickly.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Scorpion stings hurt like hades...hoping for the best for little Rowdy, I love your videos of you guys!

·
Registered
16,825 Posts

Hoping for the best for you & Rowdy!!!

·
Registered
7,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After I got back from the vet I thrashed around out there with a shovel but didn't see any snakes. I just got back from watering and feeding the pigeons. I sure thought I saw a scorpian scurry across the general area where Rowdy was. All I was armed with was a water hose.

My retired dog, Hudson, was bitten by a scorpian about 8-9 years ago in the general vicinity. He was bitten on the side of his face.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
I hope he's going to be okay! It it was a snake, what timing- as we're talking about that extensively right now.
Best wishes going to Rowdy!

·
Registered
6,053 Posts
Did the vet give you any kind of timeline as to when you will really know how he is going to be? I sure hope it was a scorpion as although pretty painful, not really serious unless there is a specific allergy. Please let us know how he is doing. After my little adventure this morn, I am again on heightened snake alert myself.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Oh geez, Wayne, I hope Rowdy recovers quickly and you both are back to making movies real soon.

·
Registered
7,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Rowdy is home for the night. He is still in lots of pain. We go back to vet first thing in the morning for re-evaluation.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Wayne,

Thoughts and prayers to you and the little guy!!! I hope everything turns out ok for you!!!

Chris

1 - 20 of 51 Posts