RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a used RRT versa-launcher, and a new Dogtra remote launcher. Occasionally, when I push the button for the first bumper, #1 and #2 are launched simutaneously. Does anyone know if this might be a wiring, or a servo motor problem? Any suggestions out there for troubleshooting/fixing the issue?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Depending on which electronics there can be a learning curve to set the servos. Contact RRT and they will walk you through troubleshooting. First i would pull back the firing pins and work the controller standing within site where u can see the servo turning and tripping the pin. THat helped me get a feel for timing and for where to position the servo arms (3 o'clock vs 6 o'clock) to make sure u don't get a double launch. I've gotten much better at no double launches with time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depending on which electronics there can be a learning curve to set the servos. Contact RRT and they will walk you through troubleshooting. First i would pull back the firing pins and work the controller standing within site where u can see the servo turning and tripping the pin. THat helped me get a feel for timing and for where to position the servo arms (3 o'clock vs 6 o'clock) to make sure u don't get a double launch. I've gotten much better at no double launches with time.

Great tips, Thanks!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I just got a new versa-launcher a few weeks ago. I have found that if you set all the servos all the way against the trigger lever, on the back side, then you push the release once, the servo goes ¾ of the way, you push again, the first launcher shoots, and the #2 launcher servo goes ¾ of the way around. Next shot, the #2 launcher goes, and #3 goes ¾ around, ect.. I bought the 5 launcher. But I always start with all the servo arms up against the trigger lever, on the back side. I opened all the launchers and ran a bunch of tests, and this was the method I found worked for me. I use a Garmin Pro Control electronics. See if you can replicate the problem on the bench with no loads. Open all the heads, and prime each RRT by pulling down the lever. The next servo in line pre-loads, so if you are shooting #3, and the servo arm for #4 is halfway around, it may shoot at the same time as #3.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts