RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I emailed Maggies new family just to check in and see if there were any problems they needed help with. I received this email in response over the weekend and thought some of the fine RTF'ers who did so much to help me with Maggie would like to read it:

"Hi Eleanor…

So sorry we have not sent you copies of the tons of pics we’ve taken of Maggie! We’ve been busy and I have to upload these on to my computer for you!

Oh my God, are you kidding? Maggie is the best thing that has happened to our family. We LOVE her! Love, love, love her! David, my 9 year old, is her “boy” she follows him EVERYWHERE. She sleeps in bed with him, lies on the couch with us at night to watch tv, she’s super protective when strangers just pop in, but not in a scary attack mode way, she is well behaved when we go anywhere with her, and Lucille, my sister in law’s bull mastiff, is her best friend, they run around and play together and bark at other dogs…it’s really cute cause she acts all brave and cocky like that around Lucille, otherwise she’s pretty non-caring about other dogs passing by.

The babies are so used to her now…and she’s maybe a little spoiled, but that’s cause we’re always petting her or taking her somewhere, or asking her to lay down next to us so we can hug her…lol…

She LOVES when I bathe her cause I literally spend an hour massaging her to get her all dried up and combing her…she loves it!

She’s warming up to the rest of the family and enjoys her long walks and trips to the dog park. She’s chewed on a shoe of mine, but only once and hasn’t since and her absolute favorite place in the world is the bed in the basement…

If you’re in town feel free to come by and visit, I’m sure she’d love to see you…and I promise I’ll get those pics to you and the doctor soon!

Thanks for keeping in touch!"

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!

Makes my heart sing!

Thank you Eleanor for all you did to make this happen.

Jeff

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Eleanor, thank you, thank you, thank you!
I JUST LOVE happy beginnings!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
So glad to hear the happy ending and hear that Maggie is happy and settling into her new home!!

Way to go!!

Kourtney

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Eleanor, I'm just curious to know if you are making any progress in your battle to keep your dogs.

Stick to your guns and good luck.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
hhlabradors said:
HuntinDawg said:
Eleanor, I'm just curious to know if you are making any progress in your battle to keep your dogs.
No.

Thanks for asking about them. It's been a challenging Spring.
My heart goes out to you. Aside from being silly legislation based on a bogus premise, I consider that ordinance to be a serious assault on personal property rights. That is what domesticated animals are - personal property.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts