RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read on the Blog that no trials may be held during a national event (except quals and derbies).

What is the objective of this? It doesn't really make a difference when it comes down to entrants in the national does it? Did I read that correctly?

·
Registered
10,590 Posts
A lengthy sometimes contentious discussion on the field trial rules forum which does not need to be relitigated since the rule passed by a huge margin

Reactions: Tobias

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have no dog in the fight, but maybe the clubs that wanted to put on trials for those weekends of the National, could instead host 'picnic trials' - for people to come train and/or exp all age stakes - charge 3/4th the entry for a regular trial and host a nice tail gate. Or something of that nature.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Look at EE and the number of D/Qs. That fulfills the need.

Reactions: Tobias

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Like most rule changes the “devil will be in the details”. It will interesting to see the wording of this change.
Will it be that:
no all age stakes can be held on weeks 24 and 45 to allow for the Nationals to be held
OR that:
no all age stakes may be held during the weeks of the Nationals.

The former satisfies the goal of the RAC and restricts the national clubs to hold their current dates.
The latter places all clubs at risk of having their trial cancelled should the National clubs ever change their weeks

Tim

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought about this rule more and it also seems like even the weekend before the nationals the 'numbers' at a weekend trial would be lower, with all the people entered in the national pre training..... So, what's to keep a club from having a mid week trial? wed-fri, if they really wanted to skirt the rule? lack of participation/help? There are certainly plenty of mid week masters these days.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts