RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanna thank Danielle Pellicci for working with my wife and her photgraph to make me a very special birthday present. A drawing of Jake, a dog I had who died 8 years ago, right after his last hunt ever. Was done from aphoto of me and him that was not the best quality cuz it was one of those fleeting moments, and Kathy snapped it fast.
And, Danielle made something of it,.......and I mean MADE something of it. It captured the expressionand told the story better than the actual original photo.
I can't tell you how pleased I was with it.
Thank you!

·
Registered
6,516 Posts
Can you share it?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't get it to post. Maybe Danielle can do it. But right now it's on the thread Ken Bora started about me turning 55 today. Byron Musick reposted it from FB. Don't know how but he did it. :) Yes, she does really nice work. Very gifted artist.

·
Registered
890 Posts
That turned out awesome Bait! I've been talking to her about doing one for me for years and still haven't gotten to it. It's a lot more special when it's done the way yours was though. What a great birthday present.

I'm going to swell Dan's head a little more and say what a great trainer she is. I have a pup out of her last litter and I put her with Danielle for her puppy program while I'm across the pond. As with all of Danielle's pups, my little girl "Nikki" aka "Nikster the Quikster" is more than prepared to start her big dog training. I am more excited about this little girl than I've been about a pup in a long time. I've had a string of bad luck with puppies over the years (EIC, Pythiosis, motion sickness, you name it) and had almost given up on starting one from scratch. This little girl has brought that excitement back. Thanks to Danielle for the awesome pup and the hard work you have put into her.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup! Danielle is the real, genuine first article. Very talented, smart, driven, and just an all around good kid!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
You guys make me blush ..... Thanks you, sincerely.

I always say ... Good dogs Lead good people to each other ;friendships are created because of these great animals that otherwise may not have been.

Thank you Bait ... doing your drawing was important for ME TOO. It has turned out to be one of my favorites for sure. I had to work a bit harder at it because, agreed, the photo quality was not great and I had to “make up” some of the details.... but I know how special a shot it was and I tried hard to get it right. Thanks for the compliment.

Brian; Nikster the Quikster is a COOL little gal to say the least. Its been a joy to train her (and ... to live with her); I hope she continues on this path ... the pup is something special for sure. Not just my training however, that breeding has produced some very SMART and very driven pups. Thank YOU for taking one more chance with starting a puppy! I think she came along “In The Nik of Thyme” ;)

Here is Bait’s picture (mind, its a photograph of graphite so its never exactly as it appears in “real life” I always have to adjust contrast and exposure with the computer in order to be able to see some details on screen.

·
Registered
890 Posts
That turned out awesome Bait! I've been talking to her about doing one for me for years and still haven't gotten to it. It's a lot more special when it's done the way yours was though. What a great birthday present.

I'm going to swell Dan's head a little more and say what a great trainer she is. I have a pup out of her last litter and I put her with Danielle for her puppy program while I'm across the pond. As with all of Danielle's pups, my little girl "Nikki" aka "Nikster the Quikster" is more than prepared to start her big dog training. I am more excited about this little girl than I've been about a pup in a long time. I've had a string of bad luck with puppies over the years (EIC, Pythiosis, motion sickness, you name it) and had almost given up on starting one from scratch. This little girl has brought that excitement back. Thanks to Danielle for the awesome pup and the hard work you have put into her.
Since I was bragging on her, here's my girl Nikki at 4 months.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
Danielle did a fabulous drawing of my wife and EMD in the duck blind a few years ago. It was a huge hit at Christmas!

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
That looks really nice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts