RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good bye to a special one.......

I hope Fred and Susie Aragon don't mind me posting this but, TEE was an animal that needs to be remembered by all. She was the sweetest dog with the biggest heart I have ever seen. When you watched her run it was like she was saying "yep, seen this before, no problem". She had great style and loved to play the game. She loved to hear Susie give her that bog old whopping chear as she finished the test. She was definately one of my favorites. She left Fred and Susie this past week as they would not let the cancer take her any farther. She had a wonderful life and career and was owned and trained by some of the neatest best people in the entire game.

TEE also is the dam to some wonderful dogs. SPIKE and LEESTA who are both MH's and are owned by the Aragon's. AFC INHERIT THE RIVER who is a Nat finalist, and a few other very nice animals. She has left her mark with them for sure.

Each year after our HT I send out a thank you letter to all the workers, participants, etc... In this I like to reflect on a couple neat moments that stood out to me. Below I want to share some thoughts from last year about TEE.

The next one is of Fred Aragon and his 11 1/2 yr old girl, Santita De Aragon MH. It was on the final series of Sundays master. TEE needed one more pass to get quallified for another Master National hunt test. (Fred's wife Susie was really cheering for her to get it so she could actually stay home for a few weeks). I was able to visit with Mrs. Aragon during this last series. She mentioned they were going to retire TEE after the MN this year. Talking to Mrs. Aragon gave me chills to think of how many different tests this dog has done and how much she has accomplished and watching Fred and Tee work so well as a team. I kind of felt like I was watching a legend of sorts after a long succesful career and getting ready to hang up the cleats after that final ball game. Well that third series was a triple and blind through nasty thick mud and water that was even wearing out the younger dogs too. Only a few dogs could fight through that island to get the far bird without handling. Well this seasoned aging black female Master Hunter lab fought straight through that island with all the drag back scent and nailed all three marks just like she had done it a million times. I swear she could have done it with her eyes closed. Then came the long blind through that nasty mud. Well like the champion TEE is she handled that tiring blind with style, courage, and perseverance. Then with class and style Fred handled her over closer to the island to have her cheat her way back from that great retrieve to ease the effort of this beautiful aging exhausted amazing animal. Then to hear Mrs. Susie Aragon yell out that famous chear for thier great dog that just finished a great test. And to see TEE wagging her tail to meet Fred with the bird. WOW!!! I sat their in awe with tears in my eyes.
Memories like this help remind me of why we love these games and these dogs so dang much.

Good bye TEE, thank you so much for the memories. Fred and Susie, I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you so much for sharing with me a few of the many wonderful memories you have of TEE.

Sincerely, Travis Skeen

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
What a great tribute! That is one girl who has left some wonderful memories behind. I know she will be missed by all that knew her and loved her. My condolences.

Andy

·
Registered
500 Posts
Sorry for your loss. Beautiful tribute.

G

·
TEE

We have known Susie and Fred for many years I am so sorry to hear of the loss of the beloved TEE She was an outstanding dog. When you talk to them please tell them how Sorry we are

Mark and Cindy

G

·
My condolences to the Aragons. I don't know them well, but whenever I've watched Fred run his dogs at the master national or on the weekend, they always look super.

It's always hard to lose one... And it's clear that Fred and Susie invest a lot of time, effort and love into their animals. Godspeed, Tee!

-Kristie

·
Registered
93 Posts
Nice post Trav!

My sincere condolences to the Aragons.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts