RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Where is the best place to throw up before we run?

• Off trial grounds(may not be an option)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Behind the trucks

• In the holding blind

• In front of the judges so they know how nervous I am

• Whenever and whereever it hits me

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just have to ask. :lol:

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry man, I run second! :lol:

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
As a judge, i'd definitely have to be pulling for someone who is so nervous they puke on the line. So i say do it while the birds are going down.

I run a LONG time after you, so the smell should be gone by then.

Shayne

·
Registered
5,314 Posts
Have you always been that nervous about running your dogs? :wink:
In the first series just point and shoot.
Now if your dog gets called back for the Blind he might have a problem :lol:
BTW Good luck and have fun.
john

·
Registered
300 Posts
As a judge, i'd definitely have to be pulling for someone who is so nervous they puke on the line. So i say do it while the birds are going down.
Plus this way there will be a snack/treat waiting for Wiz when he comes back with all the birds.

AH

·
Registered
329 Posts
Russ,
Could have a competitive advantage in the holding blind...little bit of a distraction for eveyone coming up next! Jus kiddin! Hey...Have a great time and Good Luck!!!...pete

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anthony Heath said:
Plus this way there will be a snack/treat waiting for Wiz when he comes back with all the birds.

AH
Thats just plain ol' fashion nasty! :barf:

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Whenever you get the opportunity -- throw up on the judges! Or at least their books! :lol: :lol:

Nahhh, no need to get anxious about it. This is the first in the line of many. Just have fun.

·
Administrator
3,822 Posts
Russ,

Thank goodness I won't be one of your judges, cause if you would throw up near or on the line, I would be "joining" you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vicky

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
:D :D Throwing up has never been a problem for me. BUT, the holding blind seems to have some sort of magical spell on my BLADDER!!!!!

Jerry

·
Registered
6,461 Posts
Russ-

I know how you feel. I still haven't lost that sense of nausea running Qs. I think running the Tripple DQ on the spillway got me cured of getting nervous at the derby - nothing looks tough after that. And I was still standing. I may have to go run that triple Q. I still have yet to run my first AA event.

I've been told by the old timers that you never loose that feeling ......

Have fun. Marks at the dog's job (unless you point him wrong). The blind is both yours and his. Relax and have fun!

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Jerry said:
BUT, the holding blind seems to have some sort of magical spell on my BLADDER!!!!!
I have heard so many people say that!!! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I can hear it now......

Russ: "I can't believe I threw up in front of Judge Wormer"

Shayne: "Face it Russ, you threw up ON Judge Wormer"

Animal House reference (substituted "Judge" for "Dean") :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
55 Posts
AmiableLabs said:
Jerry said:
BUT, the holding blind seems to have some sort of magical spell on my BLADDER!!!!!
Yep, I get the double whammy of cottonmouth and peanut bladder!

RC

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Best of luck Russ - just hope nobody takes your picture while you're puking!! :wink:

Andy

·
Registered
7,657 Posts
BTW Good luck and have fun.
Ditto from me!

That's 'cause you're old. :p

·
Registered
166 Posts
I run right after you, so make sure it is well out of the way, or else there will be 2 of us calling for "Earl".

Better hope you don't make it to the land blind with me standing in the holding blind behind you!

Good luck,

Pete

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
Richard Cheatham said:
AmiableLabs said:
Jerry said:
Yep, I get the double whammy of cottonmouth and peanut bladder!

RC
I haven't read this thread since i posted in it this morning.... but i just PMed Russ about the bladder thing. Funny it's mentioned several times in here.

I used to get cottonmouth right before i ran... i thought it was nerves, turns out it was the Crown on the way to the grounds.

Shayne

1 - 20 of 38 Posts