RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
We have been after the geese here. Shot 14 yesterday and 25 this morning. My dogs first goose hunts. She had trouble at first with figuring out how to fit them in her mouth but after some yard work yesterday afternoon she is doing much much better and getting the confidence built up (y) I sure have been proud of her when she has earned new titles, but nothing beats a successful hunt with a good dog for me

·
Registered
84 Posts
What do you do with 39 geese????
We are up to 88 so far in 4 hunts! My girl decided to come in heat 5 weeks early so she has missed the last couple hunts and a hunt test this past weekend. We make smoked snack sticks out of them with jalapeno and cheese. They are delicious. About the only way to make these greasy resident geese worth eating

·
Registered
84 Posts
It depends a lot on the geese you are referencing. If you grilled one of these NC resident geese it would be like eating a tire. When we go to Kansas or Texas and shoot the lesser Canadas or even actual migrating big canadas you can grill them with the skin and fat and it is like eating a sirloin steak. Just depends on where the goose came from and what its been eating. These geese we kill may be called "Canada geese" but I can promise you they have no idea where Canada is 😁

1 - 3 of 3 Posts