RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Server Moving Tonight

9K views 74 replies 38 participants last post by  TroyFeeken 
Guess what folks....I don't like change either. Unfortunately our friend Mr. Gates at Microsoft and the folks who make our discussion board software have BOTH chosen to move forward with upgrades. With the upgrade at Microsoft came compatibility issues between our former VBulletin version and their browser.

Our former VBulletin version was also no longer supported by VBulletin and we were having a number of errors that were happening behind the scenes requiring system re-boots and other issues.

Hopefully the bumps experienced today are temporary and the end result will be a more efficient and reliable set of boards.

Thanks much to Steve and DNT Media for getting the move and upgrade done to this point.

Chris

We will all learn as we go.

This new software version is as new to me as the rest of you.

I am NOT a forum guy. The only forum I spend time on is RTF. So you all who frequent other forums will know more about various newer versions than I.

I did as one poster suggested here and deleted my old bookmark. I logged in to RTF on the general main page, then created a bookmark. Since then, it remembers me.

For private messages, go into the PM settings, send a new PM and send it to yourself as a test. You will see how it pops up. I think you will like it. Like Wayne says, it gives a number next to "notifications" and it is also offset in a different shade of color to "pop" out.

Chris

Any ideas on a work around for the Quoting issue?
What is the quoting issue?

I clicked "reply with quote" and the dropped down to type this note below the close of your quoted note.

H[SUB]2[/SUB]O Dog...cool, we have a subscript.

E[SUP]2[/SUP] ...cool, we have a superscript to make an abbreviation for Entry Express (EE as Esquared)

I'm sure there are some bugs to be worked out.

What is the quoting issue?

Note, for those who are having trouble staying logged in. Please delete your old RTF bookmark. Then log in here, and check the "remember me" box, and recreate a bookmark.

Chris

Bill, I'd suggest deleting your bookmark on your phone, then manually going to http://www.retrievertraining.net/forums/ type in your credentials and check "remember me"....once in, recreate a bookmark.

This seems to be working for others and I had to do it on my BlackBerry as well. Note, I'm sure there are other ways to do this, but this one is quick and easy and it works.

Chris

Special thanks to Steve Dannaway,

It seems that over the past couple days, there have been minor issues that aren't quite "right" ...then "poof" they are suddenly fixed. I believe Steve has been doing some fine tuning for us.

Thanks Steve! Chris

The 'remember me' box doesn't seem to work with the new Vb--at least it doesn't for me. I have to log in every time.

Are you trying to recycle an old bookmark leftover from before the server move? Or did you follow the steps suggested and delete the old bookmark, then log in manually, check the "remember me" box, then create a new bookmark after logging in.

This appears to be the issue for most folks, it was for me on a couple different computers.

Chris

I didn't read all the responses so this may have been answered, but why the change? The avatar should be at the side so you don't have to scroll and scroll and scroll some more to read all of the posts. A lot of wasted white space. Couple this with so many nonsense signature lines and it's a chore to find the post, not that there's ever much meat there to begin with. What's next, ads between posts? I think it's a cluttered mess, but that's the way of the internet. They call it progress but it's more like regress. Everyone thinks they have a better idea. But what do I know? I still think the model 1911 .45 cal. is the best handgun ever invented, along with the 870 shotgun. Thank God these two haven't been tinkered with.
SandyG,

I'll tell you what I'm going to do. When I get the invoice from DNT Media, I'll pay the whole thing. It won't cost you a cent.

There were quite a few things broken that were not readily visible to many of you. For those who were getting the compatibility errors, and the "message to short" stuff, you got a piece of the kind of thing that happens when software updates are not done.

It was a matter of either catching up, or watching RTF grind down into a slow, poorly functioning, less valuable tool.

From my perspective, I had no choice but to upgrade.

Chris

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.