RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts
Chris,

For me, many bulletin based social sites like this using VBulletin are content with the default themes and skins. The blue color scheme is the same as HRC's forum. Doh!

I'm gonna suggest that you guys consider a slighlty different color scheme and look and feel about the place.

me too, as well as the reply with quote issue

Same thing happens for me. and in fact I had to re-set my pass word a couple fo times before it would remember me at all. Heres hoping all the bugs are worked out now.

Chris,

For me, many bulletin based social sites like this using VBulletin are content with the default themes and skins. The blue color scheme is the same as HRC's forum. Doh!

I'm gonna suggest that you guys consider a slighlty different color scheme and look and feel about the place.

I thought I saw on the HRC's forum where you can change the color scheme but could not find it on this one. overall I like the look.

How do you know if you have a new private message?

I thought I saw on the HRC's forum where you can change the color scheme but could not find it on this one. overall I like the look.
Correct, HRC allows you to change the default color. The admins here would have to turn that option on for us, but they can also load other themes and skins if they decided to go that route.

There's a setting under My Account, General Settings under the Private Messaging header called New Private Message Notification Pop-up; set that to Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up.

A number appears beside "Notifications" when you have a PM.

We will all learn as we go.

This new software version is as new to me as the rest of you.

I am NOT a forum guy. The only forum I spend time on is RTF. So you all who frequent other forums will know more about various newer versions than I.

I did as one poster suggested here and deleted my old bookmark. I logged in to RTF on the general main page, then created a bookmark. Since then, it remembers me.

For private messages, go into the PM settings, send a new PM and send it to yourself as a test. You will see how it pops up. I think you will like it. Like Wayne says, it gives a number next to "notifications" and it is also offset in a different shade of color to "pop" out.

Chris

one thing we have on another forum of which I am a member, that is very popular, is a "thanks" button at the bottom of each post. Is that possible on this new server? It's similar to a "like" button.

Ugh. Another forum I frequent just changed to a similar format within the last couple of weeks too. We'll get used to it but when you're used to seeing the same for several years, this looks so foreign.

I think the new look and format is fine, just takes a little getting used to.

OK, I'll say it, I seriously dislike the new format. But still grateful for RTF and everyone who makes it happen. :)

It's going to take a little time to get accustomed to the changes. I'm figuring out the various different things I have to do to moderate the classified forums to keep them up to date.

I preferred the old set up with the user name and avatar at the side of their post, instead of how it is now over-top of their post. But again, it's probably just going to take some time to get used to all the changes.

:)

I didn't read all the responses so this may have been answered, but why the change? The avatar should be at the side so you don't have to scroll and scroll and scroll some more to read all of the posts. A lot of wasted white space. Couple this with so many nonsense signature lines and it's a chore to find the post, not that there's ever much meat there to begin with. What's next, ads between posts? I think it's a cluttered mess, but that's the way of the internet. They call it progress but it's more like regress. Everyone thinks they have a better idea. But what do I know? I still think the model 1911 .45 cal. is the best handgun ever invented, along with the 870 shotgun. Thank God these two haven't been tinkered with.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.